Chapter 11

Chapter 11

There was a faint smell of bacon on the air. My eyes fluttered open and I looked around the room. Where am I? What happened? I moved to get up, but strong arms held me down. I started to panic, having no memory of how I got here.

“It’s okay, Bree,” Michael’s comforting words reached my ears. I laid back down and looked at him. He was staring at me with a slight frown. “I promise I didn’t kidnap you.”

I gave a small laugh and smiled. “Well then, how did I get here?” I asked him.

“Bree,” he started with a frown, “You don’t get it. You were really sick and you just showed up at the ice rink.”

My lips turned into a deep frown. I couldn’t process what Michael was trying to tell me. There’s no way that could be possible. I stressed my mind to remember but only came up with a headache. I groaned in pain and Michael planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

“It’s okay, I’ll explain as much as I can later. It’s time for breakfast.” Michael got up effortlessly and turned around to give me a hand. I took it and he pulled me up. I hit his chest with my head and he gave a low chuckle.

I took a small step back from Michael and looked at him. He was only in his boxers and, wow, does he have a abs. My eyes roamed his body and then snapped up to his. My cheeks turned scarlet as he smirked at me. I can’t believe I was seriously just checking him out, especially making it so obvious.

“It’s okay, Bree. You can check me out, I was checking you out too.” My cheeks got even warmer.

Michael picked me up and started carrying me to the kitchen. “Michael,” I said quietly.

“Yes?”

“How long was I out?” I asked. I almost didn’t want to know the answer.

“A week.”

I gasped, “What?”

“I’m only kidding,” he said with a deep chuckle. “You were only out for three days.”

“That’s not that much better.”

“But it is better.”

“Touché,” I murmured.

We didn’t talk anymore. I looked at all of the family photos that were on the walls. Michael was such a cute kid. I looked at Michael. Michael is an amazing friend, he’s always there and I just love him. I snuggled my head deeper into his chest and listened to his heartbeat. He set me down on a chair and I frowned at him. I was really enjoying listening to his heart.

“Good morning, Sleeping Beauty,” Gwen said with a smirk. I jumped in surprise. I didn’t realize she was in the room.

“I know isn’t it amazing that she finally decided to wake up?” Michael asked.

“Michael,” Gwen said menacingly. I laughed and their heads turned to me. I stopped laughing and my cheeks were red again.

“What’s so funny?” Gwen asked.

“It’s just so nice to see how a normal family spends breakfast,” I said softly as if my family was going to hear.

“Bree, we are not a normal family,” Michael stated bluntly.

“I didn’t mean it like that, Michael,” I said while rolling my eyes at him. He laughed at me and sat down with a plate of bacon.

My stomach growled loudly and my mouth watered at the sight of the bacon. I grabbed two pieces and stuck them in the mouth. I gave a low moan and closed my eyes. I. Am. So. Hungry. Considering I’ve been sleeping for three days. I took another bite and leaned back in my seat.

Michael squeezed my thigh underneath the table and leaned close to me. “When you moan it turns me on,” his voice tickled my ear. My eyes snapped open and I looked at Michael. Then he broke out in laughter. The liar, he couldn’t even hold his composure.

“Michael!” I yelled at him.

“I was only joking, get over it.” I kicked him and then took his plate of bacon. I stuffed it into my mouth and then spilled my milk all over Michael.

“Brenna?” Gwen was looking at me in astonishment. I blushed and pointed at Michael. All of a sudden I was hit with something and noticed I was covered in ketchup. “Both of you stop and go get cleaned up this instant!” I could tell Gwen wasn’t really upset.

We both walked up the stairs in shame. The walk of shame, I never thought I’d walk it this early in life. Guess I was wrong yet again. Michael pushed me from behind and I stumbled into his room. He started laughing again and I slapped him across the chest.

“Someone’s being feisty this morning,” Michael joked.

I went to his dresser and started to rummage though it. I found a pair of his boxers and a large shirt. I tore off the ketchup covered shirt and slipped on Michael’s clothing. I turned around and noticed he was watching me. I raised one questioning eyebrow and smirked at him. Then I took of my pants and slipped on the boxers. Michael’s mouth was slightly parted and he had a hungry gaze.

I laid down next to him on the bed and he got up. He was already carrying clothing and I took the time to take the rest of the bed. He put on his shirt and went to take off his boxers. I rolled over and stared at the wall. Michael laid down on the bed and started spooning with me.

“Michael,” he made a low, incomprehensible noise, “Stop spooning with me.”

“Never!” Michael muttered before burying his face in the crook of my neck. I gave a frustrated sigh and started to roll on top of him.

I elbowed him in the gut and he released me. I fell on the floor and he looked down at me. What’s up with him today? This is not how he usually is. “Michael, are you okay?”

“Yeah, fine. Listen, I’m sorry.” I nodded and got back on the bed. This time I let him cuddle with me. His mom walked in and awed at us.

“I just came in here to say that the wedding is coming up soon. A week from now!” I looked at her and gave a small smile. I’m so happy for her. “You still don’t have your dress so I’m taking you out later.”

“I don’t exactly have anything to wear,” I told her.

“We can stop by my dorm, you have some clothes there,” Michael sighed.

“Are you coming with us?” Gwen squealed.

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“Great,” she said, “Now get ready.”

“We are ready,” I told her.

“Then get to the car.” Michael pushed me off the bed and I started to giggle like crazy. What have I been smoking? It’s not that funny. Michael rolled his eyes at me and picked me up. I turned my head a gave a loud sneeze.

“Guess you’re not completely back to good health,” Michael chuckled.

“Guess not,” I agreed.

Michael put me in Gwen’s car and got in the front seat. Gwen stumbled out of the house and got in the car. I looked out the window and listened to the two talk about anything and everything.