Chapter 42

"That's good," Courtney jerked her shoulder back so her shirt came back over her bruise. She walked away and over to the piano. Probably angry that Olivia brought up what she did with James.
Olivia smiled. She had the girl jealous.
Courtney pressed a few keys, just to hear the sound. Then she played a tidbit of a piece she learned a while back.
"You play?" Olivia asked, walking up behind her.
"Not really. I'm better with a ukulele. You?"
"No." Olivia only really cared to look back onto Courtney's neck. "What's her name? That girl, Jess or something," Olivia asked.
"Jessica."
"Where'd you meet her? What's she like? Are you seeing her again?"
"Woah Liv. What's dating James like? Are you going steady? Do you like kissing him?" Courtney asked back, anger rising with her words.
"I'm just asking. Can I meet her at the party?"
"Probably. I can show you a picture if you wanna see her now," Courtney sighed at herself.
"Depends if she has a shirt on or not," Olivia uttered. Courtney wanted to smile.
"Are we fighting?"
"Not at all. What would we be fighting about?" Olivia turned around, looking at the instruments. Courtney turned to watch her.
"Are you jealous?" Courtney asked, noticing her mad demeanour.
Why is everyone asking that? Olivia pondered. "Nah, I just wanted to hang to with you last night. Jealous that she's stealing my time with my best friend," Olivia said. Courtney smiled inwardly.
"Glad to know we're on that status. You don't have to be jealous Bae, I spent that whole day with you at school."
"Okay. Oh here look," Olivia grabbed for something, with her back still turned. "Play for me now," Olivia stated. She handed a ukulele to Courtney.
"Swift change of topic best friend." Courtney grabbed the ukulele. Olivia sat on the floor in front of Courtney. Prompting the blonde to get off of the stool and onto the floor beside her as well.
"I don't know the song very, very well. It's by Dean Martin though," Courtney explained. She watched the strings and strummed for a few seconds.
Olivia watched amazedly.
"Everybody loves somebody. Everybody falls in love somehow," Courtney sang lowly. Olivia scooted closer, and slowly grazed her fingers over Courtney's. Stopping her.
"Sorry," Olivia pulled back. Courtney watched her, tilting her head.
"It's fine, there's dust all over this," Courtney wiped her hand on her shirt. Olivia watched it slowly rise up. In a daze, she remembered the day at Courtney's house. Then she saw a part of the hickey.
Olivia lurched forward, and trapped the girl with a kiss.

"Olivia," Courtney breathed out when she pulled away.
"Don't make a big deal about this, but shit! I'm sorry about that," Olivia scooted backwards until she went against a drum set.
"You're sorry," Courtney repeated. Of she is. She didn't mean for that to happen. "But it-it was okay-"
"No. you're seeing someone. I'm seeing someone. Don't tell anyone. It won't happen again. Something is just coming over me, and maybe I was jealous of-" Olivia rambled on.

Courtney grinned. She's jealous.
"Whatever happens in the band room, stays. Let's come back tomorrow," Courtney cheered up.
"How? Mr. Parker won't believe I got stuck twice."
"We'll make a club. A GSA! For here in the band room. Everybody'll like it," Courtney sat up, putting the instrument in her hands down.
"What's a GSA?"
"A gay-straight alliance. This whole school is collectively an ally. What do you say?"
Olivia looked around the room.
"That does sound cool, but I like having a secret space with you," Olivia said truthfully.
"Well we can start one and not tell anyone then. I'll be the gay, and you can be the straight."

"You're so weird Court."
"Come on Jealous Best Friend that likes to kiss me. Let's go organize a GSA."