Chapter 46

"David?" Anthony asked, grabbing the boy's attention. He turned around from his locker, looking confused.
"Anthony?"
"Yeah, how are you? How's the gaming club?"
"Umm. We're doing good. Nothing going on very much there. Did you need anything?"
"Actually, so I heard you were hanging out with Courtney and Olivia right?"
David furrowed his brows a bit. "Sure, is something wrong? Jealous that I'm hanging with the two popular girls?" He immediately grinned.
"Well I wanted to ask if you can keep something from them. Do you think you can just...Not tell them that everything thinks they should date or would look cute together?"
"That's a weird request-"
"It's a weird situation. Please, don't tell them. We're working on things and-"
"It's fine Anthony. I understand. I won't, I promise. But do you think they should date?"
"Of course Laser, we all do."
David smiled at the nickname. He waved Anthony off and turned back to his locker. Exhaling deeply. This guy had to be taken.

"So we need a designated driver. I'm already out because I didn't drink last time," Courtney said to the squad. They were sitting around their infamous lunch table outside.
"I'm also out," Olivia added.
The three boys wanted to smile. This might work, they individually thought.
"No problem. I'll drive us home," Keith stepped up. It felt like something to cross off the list. Things are looking up tonight.
"Hey, if you need a place to stay because you're gonna get crunk, my sister won't mind," Courtney offered to everyone. Keith and Noah declined. Shayne said probably and Olivia said she should ask first.
"So real question, who here is a lightweight? In terms of alcohol consumption?"

"So are you free Saturday or does Jess have you?" Olivia asked, putting her book down. Courtney looked up from her own scenarios with a confused look. Her heart immediately sped up, and heat crept into her cheeks.
"Free Saturday?" Courtney repeated, resisting her own reign to stutter.
"Yeah, I wanted to hang out. If you're gonna be with Jess, I understand," Olivia shrugged.
Courtney fought a battle in her mind. She had realized she has a love for this girl, would his hangout be bearable?
"Umm Jess wanted to tell me something, but we can hang out after. It won't take long."
"I'd hate to be a cock block...Or the female equivalence-"
"A clam jam. It-It's a clam jam," Courtney smiled awkwardly. Olivia chuckled.
"That sounds like such a lesbian term," Olivia noted, picking her book back up. Courtney got caught up staring into her eyes, which were getting focused into the book again. Slowly nodding along, she grabbed her own book to cover her actions. She put her hand over her heart, hoping to calm it's now erratic beating.
Oh fuck me.