chapter four

It was the beginning of my problems.
Not the very first problem but the problem of problems.
Claire came visiting again.
These time not with charmy or Agrace but with one of her bodyguard, when she insulted my dad,I talked back at her like I should have done during her first visit then Claire reminded me that I was no longer the daughter of a billionaire.
She made her guard turn the little house upside down,he destroyed the stools and chairs,damaged the table and even the wardrobe tasted her wrath.
She left with all smile,while I cried like I always do.

I boarded a bus for the first time in my entire life,it was uncomfortable, I had to sit next to an old woman who smells like rotten vegetable,the guy at my front was sleeping nosily,people were standing driving me to uncomfortability,I hated this.
But I had no choice.

I was going to see prestige, if he could convert my bills into cash for me,I would be glad and at least be a few deyan (currency of Behart) millionaire.

I had asked Daniel for the transport fare,he turned me down telling me he was already spending too much on me,but when I told him my plans about converting my accommodation fees into money,he made no comment and handed me over some currency.

I got to the hotel,I dare not use the VIP way or I would be caught by one of my enemies.
I went through the main gate.
When I asked after prestigious, his secretary was asking if I had an appointment with him.

If I had appointment with Prestigious, how on earth did my life turned this way?

"No I don't,tell him it's Diamond"

I felt embarrassed telling her my name.
Jesus,the girl knows me.
She's the same person who always compliment my wears,I was always kind to her,except for once when she asked who my stylist was after nice chat with her while I was waiting for my mum who visited prestige and i calmly told her not to bother coz even in the next twenty years she wouldn't be able to afford a dress from her.
I wasn't been rude,I was just honest because a dress of mine would fill her entire wardrobe.

"You would have to wait for a moment,he is in a meeting with important figures"

I shot my eyes and respected myself by sitting down quietly.
Luckily for me,his secretary office wasn't so open,it has a transparent glass,only few people cared to look in.

A moment turned into series of minutes and then hours.
I glanced through my watch its been two hours already.
What important figures would sit for two good hours having meeting.

Be the 'D' you be always been.

I got up confidently,I saw the secretary eyes danced over me,I made a move like I was tired and needed to go out,then I rushed to the door pushed it open---

"Prestige,we need to ....."

I fell into quietness,he was really in a meeting and was with important figures.

Charmy's dad was there,two upcoming politicians,and my father's partner.

"Is that Harris daughter?"
One of them questioned.

Of course why would you remember me since my dad isn't here with me

"Yes,that's Diamond Edison"

Prestige replied with an angry expression. "Would you do us the favour of waiting outside D?"

"I....."

The excuse wasn't coming out,I just walked and returned to the seat offered to me.

"You shouldn't have done that...why would you...?"

"How dare you scream at me,me losing my social tittle doesn't mean I deserve to lose my respect"
I shouted back.I didn't know why.

Just then Agrace walked in.

"Look who is here"
The amusement in her voice didn't hide.

"D..?",knowing I wouldn't reply her,she turned to her dad's secretary.
"Why is she here?"

"She came to see your dad"

"Did she have an appointment?"

The secretary bit her lips.

"She's no longer who she was,next time she shouldn't be here without an appointment"

"Yes ma'am"

She smirked.
"See you next time 'D' "

I took in a deep breath of relieve.
I knew I was so weak that I lose my voice whenever my claimed enemies are around.

Prestige grant an audience with me,his small eyes were almost crawling out of his glass as he looked at me.

"You should apologise for disrupting my meeting"

He said to me.

I realise I didn't apologise but he had kept me waiting for too long,what sort of meeting was he having with those men in his office.

"You can't apologise?"
His voice came up after a few seconds of my muteness.

"Am sorry for coming in like that"
The words definitely sounded heavy,like I didn't want to say them which would be exactly true.

"What can I do for you?"

Rude,he didn't even ask how I was faring since my parent death,didn't even visit on my dad's burial nor my mum.
One get to know true friends only when they are in deep shit.

"I paid three years in advance for my hotel room,I already used a year...I was wondering..."

His face swelled,I couldn't read exactly what that expression meant.

I threw away my fears.
"If I could have a refund for the remaining two years?"

He looked at me.

"You were clearly told how impossible it is during your payment"

"I know but Prestige you know how things are for me now,I can't afford to feed my self"

"Come to the hotel,for the next two years we can take care of you,you already paid for it"

"Can't you make an exception?"
I pleaded with my voice, eyes and expression.

"I wish I could but it's against the hotel policy...I can't do that"

"You really can't Prestige?"

"Am too busy with a lot of things,I won't even remember putting your request on my list"

"Your secretary can do that"

"You wouldn't understand...how about these...table that to Agrace,she's less busy this days am sure she would want to help"

I smiled. "you should say it directly that you don't want to help"

"I already did,you didn't listen".

I stood up from the white soft sofa,"no you didn't but thanks for seeing me"

I pridefully walked out of the office."