Chapter Eight

I cried back home,loudly.
I didn't care those who were looking at me,the bus was filled,the boy sitting next to me was sleeping, his head rested on my shoulder,I made no move to push him away,I just began crying out loudly and he woke up.
Feeling guilty that he made me cry,he began petting me,but I didnt care I comforted myself with a loud cry.
Every one focus their attention on him,staring at him,they must be thinking he broke my heart or did something bad.

"It wasn't me"

He tried to appease their eyes .

But I cried more loudly.
He felt too embarrassed that he got up from the seat and went behind the hold the car rail.
Even with the empty seat,no one came to seat next to me.

I let myself into the bed and did more of shouting in shame than crying in pains.
Agrace told me to meet her at the office tomorrow.

When Daniel returned he bought me Rice and vegetable salad, my favorite styled meat,creamed,peppered pork.

He watch me eat, I didn't say a word to him neither did he say any.
When I was done I took the plate to the kitchen and piled it up with other dirty plates.
He had warned me to stop throwing out plate, I tried to learn how to wash them but I broke two out of three plate that I wash so I had to stop washing.
Daniel wash them when he is chanced.
    *******************
I kept watching my phone since I woke up, waiting for 10 a.m before I would head to prestigious.

I have already planned how the money would be spent,I would take ten million deyan with me and go to my mum's home town where I would start a new life,it would be difficult but with time I would get use to it.

Maybe I would become a vegetable seller or farmer and then along the line maybe one meat butcher would find interest in me and marry me then I  would live a poor life till I  die it's much better than living here where everyone want to see me in pains.

The rest of the money,I would give to Daniel,he can do whatever he wants to do with it.
Forty million deyan is not a small money like I would have once called it,he can start a business with it and become rich.
My dad once said he first started business with One million deyan.

I got to her office,her secretary directed me to wait in her office.
I wait patiently.
When Agrace came in,she noticed my eyes on her gown.

That is another of my design,did Lady B just decided to start selling off my design to these poor people?

"You still have eyes for good things"
Agrace said.

"I designed that"

"Really?,Claire gave it to me as a birthday gift,you know my birthday was last month,am sure you would have given me a better gift,you loved to show off"

I swallowed in the words,can't make her change her mind.

"Yes,why are you here?"

Why am I here?

She looked at me,I didn't know what she read out of my angry eyes.

She smirked.
"I told my dad's P.A,he is on it,hang around I would call you when I hear from him".

I stood up walking away.

" 'D' ?...no show of appreciation?"

"Thanks"
The word sounded like I was pouring sour lemon out of my mouth..

Her phone ranged.

"Hello claire..."

I walked out.

I waited for hours,walked around places,trying to buy time off my boredom but yet no call from Agrace.

I went back to her office.

"Oh I had almost forgot about you"
She said.

She kept me waiting again as she left the office,at her convenient time she returned back.

"We have a problem 'D' "

Don't give me that crab

"Mr Jones said no money can be drawn out of the hotel account"

"You knew about that,I thought you had another way?"

"I thought I did...but it didn't work out the way I thought it would"

"So what are you saying in essence?"

"Am saying there's nothing I can do"

"That's a joke right?"

"I don't have time to joke 'D',I wanted to give you from my personal accounts and I thought about it...you aren't worth it"

I stood up,not sure of my thought.

"Yes 'D',you re just a bitch that don't need to be pitied,I can't use my money to change your already dead life".

My hand went to her face in a slap.
I made sure to use my entire strength so she could feel a pinch of what I felt when I went down on my knees to beg.

"You dare slap me?"

She shouted and wanted to retaliate,I didn't know how good I was at reflex until now,I ducked and then grabed her hair,dragging it.

"Not my hair,Idiot"
She screamed in pain and then she found mine too.

Dragging my hair forcefully just as I did with hers.
The both of us kept screaming in pains but no one was willing to let go.
She kept her voice high until people ran into her office and forced us out of each other.

"This isn't over 'D' "

She kept screaming as I was dragged out of the office.