Chapter Twenty

It was going well.
I told Daniel not to tell Claire about us.
He didn't but he told me it wouldn't last for long,he hates keeping secret.
He told me if Claire asked he would tell her.

I didn't stay idle either,I got a job at a coffee shop.
A popular coffee shop,I have worked there for a week without having a problem.
It was going well with Daniel as well,I didn't know he was as lovely as he was.
He was a comedian and a good story teller.

I became friendly with my colleagues too.
At first day,I had haters but as the day runs forward they get to like me.
I didn't fail to visit Hannah and the kids every day,Daniel promised to go with me.

"Diamond,table 12"
My colleague said to me.

I walked over to table twelve.The customer has a magazine over his face.

"What can I offer you sir"

He dropped down his magazine.
I couldn't believe my eyes.
Carl?

"Carl?"

"D?"

"Oh my God"
We exclaimed together.

He stood up for a hug.

"Am sorry we have rules in these shop"

He smiled.
"What in God name are you doing here?"

"When did you return?
I questioned.

"About a week ago"

"We need you now Diamond"
A male colleague said to me.

"How about dinner after work?
He questioned.

"Wouldn't be that bad.

He returned back at exactly 8p.m,waiting for me outside the coffee shop.
He waved me from his red sports car.

"I guess Canada suits you"

I said as I went into his arms in a hug.

"Am still trying to figure out what you are doing serving in a coffee shop"

He said as he opened the door for me.

"You should go to the search engine and type Harris Edison,you would know then exactly what am doing here"

He stared at me,feeling confused.

"How about a fish cake stand"

I laughed,remembering the times we visited fish cake stand,it was Carl's favourite.

"Its so going to bring back memories"

I stared at him as he talked.
My second toy and my second love.
He didn't fail to tell me how he struggled trying to work for the best designer in Canada.
He gave his stories one after the other and his coming back to Behart is to become a brand himself.
We talked for long until it was past twelve and I told him I had to return home.
He drove me home,I didn't let him closer.
Not sure if that decision was because I didn't want him to know I was stay with a man who because I didn't want to let my boyfriend get angry over my ex.

"You sure you don't want me to come with you?"
Carl asked.

"You would be surprised at where I now stay,you should get the complete information so you wouldn't be left agape if you see my house"

He smiled and hugged me before driving away,I had to wait for him to leave.
Carl loves surprises,he could follow me without my knowledge to see where I stay,I had to wait for him to drive away.
Completely sure he was gone,I turned to head home––
and there stood Daniel.

"Who is he...am pretty sure he is not a colleague".

Daniel has been watching us.

"An old friend,its been a while since we last saw each other"

"Do you know what the time is?"

"Why don't we go in before we start these argument"

I walked  away.
He followed along.

"Who is he?"

"I told you a friend"

"An ex?"

"Yes,ex toy"
I needed to make him feel jealous.
"Are you angry"

"Am I suppose to be happy?"

"A man dropped me home for the first time and you are angry,I have to stay here all night and watch Claire drop you and each night,I have to watch her kiss you every single night.

His face glowered at me.
"I told her about you today"

"And "

"And she said nothing,I hope her silence is for the good"

I gave no smile,no frown and went to bed without our daily night kisses.