Chaper Eighteen

I didn't eat all through the day.
I watched them beg and eat.
Hannah said the second girl had ran away from the orphanage because of bully.
Hannah said she didn't want to beg.
Of course who wants to beg.
But she was forced to and when she started,she noticed children get to bring home more money,then she took the children in.

I was living in a mansion, eating and wasting food,I didn't know what a grain of rice meant to other people out there.
Number of times,I had over turn the dinning table because the food didn't taste like I expected.
I didn't say I got angry and left the food--I destroyed the entire dish,it happened most times when I eat alone and most times I do have dinner alone since my parent were the busy type.

I staggered away,walking towards Daniel's home.
I had given them all the money I had on me,they needed it more than I do.
I told Hannah to buy a proper food for her little baby and the rest,she can do whatever the hell she wants with it.
Yes I know--,I was trying to look like an angel without thinking of myself,if Daniel happens not to live around there anymore then I might end up begging for arms like them.
It wouldn't be so hard, I spent almost 12 hours with them,I know the concept of begging.

I went back to my bag.
My cloth were hanging from outside of it,probably someone searched in their looking for money.
They got the wrong girl.
Again--,I lay on the bare floor,using my bag as my pillow,Daniel wasn't home again.

It wasn't long when I heard the car sound of a car and it head light flashed towards Daniel door.
I got up quietly,scared of the unknown.
Then I saw Daniel dropped out of a 2017 BMW model,out of the driver seat came Claire.
I shot my eyes,I had stopped them from dating before but now I know and completely powerless to be able to do that again.
Then I saw Claire walked up to Daniel and gave him a kiss.
He stood there watching her until she drove away,the he headed towards his house.

Shocked to see me,he paused for a little while before coming closer and dragging me into his arms in a hug.

"What are you doing here?"
He didn't let go of me.

"I have been here for three night, I haven't taken my bath"
I felt smelly.

"Why didn't you call me"
He withdraw from me but just a breath away.

"Can we go in?...am so cold"

"Sure"

He opened the door and we walked in.

I sat down on the bed while he took off his jacket,he came to me and squat in front of me.

"Did anything go wrong?"
He questioned.

I wanted to answer straight away but I felt wrong and his show of kindness felt fake.

"I saw Claire and you"
I hit the nail on the head.

He nodded,folded his lips and sat next to me.

"She bought me"
He calmly said.

"Are you some sort of a cheap stuff that anyone get to buy you?"

"Yes--,you thought them how to make use of life toys"

I looked at him but he didn't do the same.

"I buy toys when I didn't have a boyfriend, she is in a serious relationship"

"Its her business not mine".

I didn't give another reply.
He held my hands.

"She asked me out I rejected her then she asked if she could purchase me as a toy... She's rich 'D',she's capable of buying me"

"I need to take my bath"
I left to the bathroom.

I pulled of my clothes and went under the shower.
The heard the sound of the door and Daniel came in.

"Jesus Daniel"
I squat hiding my nakedness.
"A girl is taking her bath"

"I've seen all of you,what's there to hide again"

"That was a year plus ago"

"Does it change anything?"

"I need privacy here,can I get one?"

He nodded and walked out.
After the night he brought me home,he has never been kind to me,never showed me any care until the day I was going home.

where has he been hiding these feelings that he only brought them out now?

I took my bath and tied the towel around my chest after cleaning my body.
He stood by the table,waiting for me to come out.

"I don't love Claire"
He didn't wait for me to take a breath.

"Toys don't need to love their masters,they just do as they are told"
I reminded him.

"I was at your home town"
He told me.

I stared at him with surprise, did he miss me that much to go look for me?...has he fallen in love with me?

"Why were you there?"
I wanted the answer from him.

He took in a deep breath,then swallowed, his eyes darted away from me,then my heart began to beat.

"Claire wanted me to bring you back"

I raised my chin up,feeling stupid for ever having the thought that Daniel would love me.

I ignored him,returned back to the bathroom after picking out a long dress with long sleeve to wear.

"She promised to find you a decent job"
I heard his voice from the door.

"And you didn't think she wanted me back to make fun of me?"

"I can control the situation"

"How?"

"Claire loves me...its easier to control her"

I smirked as I came out of the bathroom.

"So...am back?"

"Why did you return?"

"A doctor said the environment aren't good for me...don't worry I would find a job and not get fired these time around."

He looked at me.
"Diamond?"
He called.

These was the first time he was calling my name.

"What I can't stay here?"

"Not that"

"You can't wait until I find a job?"

"Diamond"
He was pissed.

"My name has never come out of your mouth...if you want me to leave,can I just squat for the night,at day break I would..."

He dragged me closer to him and didn't wait for a word before covering my lips in a kiss.
I didn't know what to do but I didn't withdraw and I kissed back.
Then he withdraw from me.

"Why did you do that"
I claimed innocence.

He searched into my eyes.

"Diamond,would you be my girlfriend?"