Chapter Eleven

I scattered the money on the bed waiting for Daniel to return. I never believed I could feel so good about such small amount of money but I felt damn good.

Daniel came back with his sadist expression,I turned off the light,leaving the room dark.
He knocked gently before turning the knob of the door.

" 'D' " he called with surprise.

A heard a snap and the light went on.
Lying on the bed was me with my face covered with money.

" 'D' " he rushed to me.
I rose up with a big smile that covered my face,my eyes were glittering like I was looking at a diamond.

"How did you get this?"

I laughed loudly.
I brought out my tongue feeling like a goddess.

"Don't worry I didn't steal it"

"So how?"

"I can't tell you because if you get paid by Claire you would expose me,thereby making the person unsafe"

He smiled knowing I was right,Daniel can betray even his mum for money.
He could even sell Jesus for less than thirty pieces of silver.

"Will these come more often?"
His greed questioned.

I scoff.
"These is the last of it kind"

Daniel hugged me with a smile,these is the first time since he brought me to his home.
We have been sleeping on the same bed,the only time we get to touch each other is when we roll into each other while asleep and when we realise that,we turn away avoiding contact.
*************************
I tried working in a restaurant once,I was fired the next day.
I got employed in a bakery shop,a customer said she lost her daughter when she was younger and she assumed that my dad must have kidnapped her child.
She kept wailing and insulting me.
My boss had to fire me there and then.
Daniel's friend owned a dry cleaning shop.
I lasted two days there because Claire paid him to fire me and he did.
With each passing day,Claire kept visiting,making my bad situation turn worse and worst.

Then I made up my mind,I need to go to my mum home town.
I told Daniel about it.
He didn't protest,thou he was a little bit sad,he knew I needed change of environment and I needed to be far away from Claire.

He gave me five thousand deyan from the money I got from Lady B,I wanted more but I didn't want to ask.
I had given him the money the very night I got it,I can't tell how he has been spending it or how much is left.Its been two weeks since I got the money.Thou I had been eating better meal since then.
I stared coldly at the money.

"Is it too small?"

My expression had said it all and it's saying it more.
He added two thousand deyan to the five thousand.

I can manage
I calmed myself.

At 7 a.m,I arranged my cloth while Daniel watched me.

"Thanks for everything"
I said appreciatably.

He nodded.
I pulled out my jewelry box.

"They are all purely diamonds and gold,the would fetch you a lot of money"

"I thought you said you can't sell them"

"I don't need them anymore"

He didn't smile but he was glad.
I pulled off the wristwatch on my hand.

"Its not so expensive but it can do a lot"
I handed it to him.

The not so expensive wrist watch had cost me 200,000 deyan,the amount of money that drove me wild when I saw it.

"Thanks"
He said.

I dragged my bag leaving the room.

" 'D' ?"
He drew my attention.
I turned to him.
He dragged me into a passionate hug,he held me tightly,I heard his heart beat, it beats faster than normal.

I didn't know what to think or say,I just enjoyed been in his arms that didn't want to let go.

Then he let go.
He placed a finger on my jaw and raised my head up,staring into my eyes.
Then his eyes fell on my lips,he bent his head coming closer to mine.
I closed my eyes,his nosed clinch with mine and the I felt his lips on mine.
He grabbed my lips,kissing passionately, I let open my mouth and let his tongue slid in.
I haven't felt a man's lips for a long time and I stood there wishing time would pause for a moment.
I kissed back like its my last time then he withdrew from me.

"You should take good care of yourself"

He said with his eyes still set on my lips.
I thought he was coming for more but he hugged me instead and opened the door.

Why the hell did he kiss me and still let me go?

I thought it was romantic, in movies,the man would say "stay I would protect you"

Guess such words can't come out from Daniel