Chapter Ten

Its the beginning of a new life for me,I needed to find a job.
I visited my ex designer,since I have made any cloth for the past one year plus.
I sat down in her office while she made coffee for me.

"Am so sorry about what happened to you

Oh God,I can't remember the last time I heard someone say these

The ex me wouldn't have sat down to take coffee,I would have barged in rudely with a guard,screamed at her and probably threatened to sue her for not making the cloth like I want after paying her hugely or for making my design for someone else.

"Thank you"
I said as she handed me the coffee.

"How are you doing?"

I didn't have time for that
"I need a favour from you lady B"

Her plastic surgeon face turned red,she is up to 46 years of age but she kept on doing surgery to look younger, which looks bad on her.

"Am not here to beg for money".
I wanted a smile from her but I got none.

"I need a job,...I thought maybe..."

" 'D',I ..."

"You told me I have a great talent that you wish I could work for you,you clearly told me I would be better here than taking over my dad's business"

I didn't let her give her excuse.

"Am sorry 'D',I can't be of help to you"

"Am not asking you to give me money or a job I can't handle,if it's about the sowing,I know a little you can train me and take it off my pay"

"Am sorry"

"Why are you sorry?"

"It's Claire,she knew you would come to me,she threatened me,she has my sex tape...why did you give it to her?"

"How did she get hold of it?"

"I should be asking you...am finally getting married,he is a decent guy,he would cancel our wedding if he finds out"

"Am sorry"
That was the first time I really meant my apologise.

"Its alright,am used to little kids threatening me,it all started from you"

I grinned.

"After my wedding she promised to return the tape to me...so I would have to give a call to her,telling her you were here."

I nodded in agreement.
"Lady B?"

She raised her eyebrows in question.

"Am sorry,its a sincere apology"

"I should be the one apologising...with your sassy character,I always saw something great in you"

I wish I could see that greatness myself.

"The sex tape,I paid Fedrick to have it with you"

I saw her mouth open in surprise

"You did what?"

"I wanted to have something to use against you"

"How could you do that,I thought Fedrick loved me?"

"Am glad the both of you broke up,now you got someone who is ready to walk down the isle with you"

She tilted her head backward.
I guess thought of happy memories with Fedrick came running through her mind.

Fedrick was a man whore,but I made him stay longer with Lady B,after having the sex tape,Fedrick was dying to end the relationship,but I saw how Lady B felt during those times,she who was unlucky with men was finally having smile all through those period,I had to pay Fedrick to stay longer.

I folded my lips.
"Shouldn't you be paying for my designs which you are selling of?"

I wanted to hear her talk again.

She let out a heavy breath.
"Its complicated, I was asked not to give you a penny but..."

She dragged open her drawer

"By Claire?"

She nodded.

I smiled, guess life gives everyone turn to shine,its Claire's turn now.

She handed me a brown envelope.

"It's just 200,000 deyan,my business is facing a little down fall,I know I should pay more but..."

"Am glad...I haven't seen such amount over a year"

The looks in her eyes shows the are you serious? expression.
Its unbelievable, I have never worn a dress below a hundred million deyan.

I got up.

"I haven't forgiven you 'D'?"

"About the things I did?"

"I have no problem with others, kids with rich parent behave the way you did but about Fedrick"

"You shouldn't"

"When I get back the sex tape I would employ you,its a promise"

"I pray you wouldn't be crying at my burial ceremony by then"

"Take care of your self"

I smiled and walked out but then there is something I needed to tell her,I returned back.

She widened her eyes in surprise, she was already on the phone with Claire.

"No I gave her nothing"

She lied to Claire
"I told her she now too powerless and would do nothing"
She laughed coyly.

The call wouldn't end and I needed to return home.
I grabed a pen from her desk tear off a sheet of paper and write--

YOU SHOULD TELL YOUR HUSBAND TO BE ABOUT THE SEX TAPE BECAUSE CLAIRE WOULD NEVER RETURN IT TO YOU AND YOU WOULD KEEP BEING A SLAVE TO HER.

I walked out leaving the paper on the table.