Chapter Fourteen

I tried my best pucking oranges.I saw Jovita taking her basket many times and returning with an empty one.
It wasn't my fault,I started faster than I thought I would but then insects didn't let me rest.
Some buzzing in my ear,some perching on me,some went far as stinging me,how would I go fast when I had such trouble.

Jovita picked forty basket, an entire forty basket.
Jeez,I pick three and half,the half is more than a half.

I was given one thousand eight hundred deyan.
Each basket is five hundred.
What the heck do I do with 1800 deyan,our currency is 100 deyan to a us dollar for God sake.

"You would get use to it"
Was the only thing grandma said.

After taking my bath I wanted to go sleep but Jovita asked me to wait for our cousins.
I did.
They came  back home with drinks and meat,they lit fire at the centre of the house and sat round it.
Telling stories eating and drinking.

Each told their worst experience and laughed at each other,I didn't know mine.
I felt blank when I was asked.
Or maybe I do,my parent death and the trouble I got from everyone but I can't start reminding everyone that I was born of the evil king.

I didn't drink,I just managed to pick from the meat.
The drink they got are cheap and cheap drinks aren't properly made and my body is sensitive to anything below my standard––my ex standard.

Even the food Jovita bought for me at the farm wasn't so good but i had to manage.
We went to bed few minutes past two,I was already sleeping on one of them thigh,he stroke my hair and didn't disturb me until I woke up this morning found myself on a bed.

Then I heard their voices again
They all smiled to me and was friendly.
They re all sons and daughter of grandma children.
Grandma children like her have many kids so things fell apart for my dad,each came to their home town just like me.
James and Steven are from same parent.Michael,Sam and Jovita same parent,while the others different parent.

It was another morning, we went to the farm.
At the end of the day,I had just two basket, the woman asked me not to return.
Jovita argued that I was new that's why,then the woman reminded Jovita that he first day she had picked fifteen.

"Maybe I would go to another farm"
I consoled my laziness as I told grand mum who frowned.

"She picked just two basket"

Just? did you know how difficult it was for me?

"I told Your mum not to give you too much rope but she refused... You would stay at home tomorrow until I find you somewhere else"

Oh thank God,a day to rest.

It was the usual night routine again.
We played games.
Fastly saying the names of just boys or girls, whichever ever one we are into.
Then names of fruits, names of clubs.
I lost at each round and the loser is been questioned by anyone.

How old are you?

It was a lame question but I replied

"26"

Who among us is the cutest?

Funny.."Michael"

"Oh my God"
Michael blushed.

If you had three wishes what would you wish for?

"Bring my parent back to life,clean their bad name and...."

"And?"
They all asked when I didn't give a reply.

"I don't know maybe...be Jace girlfriend"

"Oh my God,who is Jace?"

No wait,did I say Jace,why on earth would I call his name,I wasn't thinking of him,yes I onced have feelings for him but not anymore.

Is he your crush?

I bit my lips and nodded.

"Who keep crush this days if you love a man,walk up to me"
Michael said.

"He has a girlfriend"

"Everyone do,all you need to do is snatch him away"
James said.

"He doesn't date girls with my current status...and we are kinda like enemies"

"Oh how bad"
They exclaimed.