CHAPTER 3- Get Outta Town

Getting really into this, holy damn, I dream it now. 

The meeting was one of the most uncomfortable things I had ever sat in, in my whole life. A still healing jaw and wrist giving me pain every time I moved, an obviously steaming 'mate' watching my every move and parents who glared at me every chance they got. 

The Beta family had been sent out previously, since Beta Morgan had 'acted out' and helped me when she shouldn't have. Lyle was sent to heal. 

I stared at the wall behind the Caneblood Alpha's the whole time, willing myself to not show weakness. It was harder than it sounded. Luna Grace kept looking at me, brief expressions of worry flitting into pride crossing her face. Alpha Luke glanced every once in a while, seeming to get frustrated every time he did. 

"Meeting closed. Thank you Alpha Luke, Luna Grace, for coming here at this time." My father finalised, nodding his head. The Caneblood Alphas nodded back then turned their attention to me. "Are you in pain?" 

Fuck yes. "No Alphas, I am fine. Thank you for your concern" 

Luna Grace shook her head, tutting as she walked over to me. "I can feel it from here. Come, let's get you cleaned up." She outstretched her hand to me, quickly interrupted with the growl of my father. 

"Leave her be. She will heal in time. It will serve as a reminder to know her place" 

I bowed in thanks to the Alpha female, turning my gaze to my father. "All this will remind me of is your true nature as an abuser" I then turned to my supposed mate, my 'perfect other half.' "You are just like my father, judging by your actions and your words. The only reason I am not rejecting you right now is because of your Alphas standing in this room. I want nothing to do with you if you cannot treat me in the way I should be treated" 

Merrick stared, mouth twitching as he held himself back in front of the Alphas. A growl reverberated through the room, low and displeased. My father stepped forward and grabbed my arm, throwing me to the ground with a hard shove.

"You have done nothing but shame us your entire life and in front of this pack! You are no longer to live with Moses or your mother. Find some other place to live where they can take your disobedience and disrespect" He spat, incensed face twisted in rage. 

"And you have done nothing but beat me down since I was born! Don't cage who I am and my fair idea of equality just because you cannot stand any threats to your own pride!" I stood and stalked out of the room, bowing quickly to the Caneblood Alphas then running into the woods, stripping down and shifting in a millisecond. My wolf was big, almost as big as my father's, and completely black with golden eyes. 

Freedom. That was all my wolf wanted- none of the claustrophobic ideas that our pack had, she was the same as me. We wanted equality, affection and fairness. Even if we did have to sacrifice our own mate for that. 

Love isn't everything- and it certainly isn't what the world makes it out to be. I howled longingly, letting every emotion I had be heard in my call. And then I ran, sprinting through the forest at a speed that no normal wolf could- the blood of an Alpha surging through me. 

I got home and packed all my belongings quickly, clothes, electronics, some food and water. No doubt my father would have banned the Beta family from housing me. It was up to me, and no one but me to live out the consequences of my actions. 

I left the house and didn't miss anything or anyone in it. 

****

The town was hard to be in when you were the Black sheep of the family. But being a black sheep and kicked out of home? Fuck any sort of civility, no one cared to anger their Alpha. I missed Lyle, I hoped he was okay. And speaking of the devil, he texted me.