Chapter 20- Runnin Ya Mouth

I literally have no inspiration for this story. Below gif is my writing @me after I think I finish a chapter

Don't read my stories if you have defended the Charlottesville attack in any way

Don't read my stories if you have defended the Charlottesville attack in any way. I don't want scumbags like you polluting the air of my readers. 

There was a thoughtful silence after he had replied, both of us lost in the memories of our own unpleasant childhoods. It was different for both of us- he knew basically everything about mine, and I knew nothing of his.

To be honest, I didn't know anything really about him in general.

I placed my hands on his shoulders, hoping this contact wasn't as awkward as I thought it was. Merrick exhaled lowly, closing his eyes and opening his mouth.

"I...find it hard to talk about myself. And my past."

Oh really? I didn't notice.

Shaking the sarcasm out of my mind, I tilted my head to the side and started to knead my thumbs into the back of his neck, drawing a comfortable shiver out of him. It was nice to know that my touch could do this to him.

"It's fine, I'm not going to push. I just want to know a little bit more about you."

He leaned more into the magic my fingers were working, and I grinned. If I wasn't a fully fledged warrior wolf, being a masseuse would have been fun. It was actually going to be my career choice if my father had forbade me from changing into my wolf. A nice, human job.

Merrie reached up, grabbing my hands in an uncharacteristically forward way. He sighed, "I'll tell you. I just...need you here with me. Please."

The biggest, baddest wolfman in history had just said please?

My heart melted. I squeezed his hands, and something in his face relaxed.

"When I was born, my parents knew I was different. So they locked me underground in a bomb shelter for fifteen years from the moment I could walk. I only saw another face when I broke out."

My lips pursed, anger tightening my face. "How did you break out?"

He paused for a few moments. "I clawed my way out. Then I killed everyone but my parents."

His wrath was nearly tangible in the air as he lived his memories, fingers tightening around my own.

"My mother was the instigator. She wanted me down there and my father let her keep me in a cage where no one was allowed to see me and I lived on raw meat. She made sure I was fucked in the head."

A few things started to click into place as he spoke, and understanding dawned on me.

"After I killed my dad, I couldn't kill my mother. So I left her and went off to search for my next meal. I lived like a rogue for three years before Luke found me. Trained me. Treated me like a human being and taught me to speak."