Chapter 3: Back To School 👍

Natalie ignored everyone for 3 whole days. She messaged Audrey, Emma and Will over phone and let Noah come in her room to give her food and that was it.
She could not stand the outside world till she was forced to by her mother.

"You two have a wonderful day."
"We're going to school. It's never a wonderful day."
Natalie says in a tone.
Noah laughs.
"Would you like to walk?"
"Noooo."
Noah yelled.
"Okay. Let's go."
Everyone laughed and grabbed there things.
Teresa dropped her kids at there school and drove to work.
"Sweet School...back at it again with learning about bullshit."
Noah looks at his sister snd chuckles.
"You really hate school."
"No...I hate lakewood. That's all we've talked about!"
Noah nods, making a face. Natalie straightens her back and Noah and her walked closer to the school.
"Guys!"
Audrey ran next to Natalie.
"Hey Audrey."
She smiled.
Emma and Kieran walked to them too.
"Hey. Oh Nat. Your here."
Kieran said.
"Hey. How's your uncle."
"Hes alright. Pain in his chest. He thought he was gonna die. Which was funny cause he wasn't."
Natalie smiled.
The 5 of them looked down the hall and saw Will and Jake with there basketball friends. They were laughing and one of them, named Pete pointed at us. Jake saw and looked down and saw his friends.
"Isn't that the girl you slept with."
Jake looked at Pete.
"No. Dumbass. She's just my...friend."
He punched him in the arm and looked back and put his eyes on Natalie. He waved with a smirk. Natalie frowned and grabbed Emma and Audrey by the arms and walked past him. Kieran and Noah walked behind them and shrugged.
"You pissed her off didn't you."
"Could you shut your fucking mouth."
Jake yelled at Pete. Shoving him to the wall.
"Alright. Jake and I will see you bros later alright."
Will grabbed Jake and pushed him into the bathroom.
"Dude. You need to chill."
"Why. There the idiots saying shit."
"Dosen't matter. Stop it."
"Fine."
"Now let's go to class."
"No."
Jake shook his head. His leaned against the wall and sat.
"Natalies in that class Will. I fucked things up... big time."
"Just go in there and apologize."
"This isn't you and Emma. I blamed everything on her."
"You fucked up there...not gonna lie."
Jake sighed.
"Just come on man."
Will pulled him up. They hugged and patted eachothers back.
"You go get her and not fuck it up."
Jake lightly smacked him in the head and they walked to class together.

...

Natalie and Audrey started to walk up the stairs of the school and Emma started to push back at the sound of a kids book slamming on the ground. Everyone turned and everyone looked at Emma. Her eyes widened and it looked like she was about to have a panic attack.
"You okay."
Audrey asked grabbing her hand.
Emma nodded. Natalie walked by her brother and Kieran.
"I'm worried about her guys."
"I wouldn't be surprised...her mother died in front of her."
"Shh."
"Are you okay Nat? You were taken hostage. You should be just like her."
Kieran asked.
"I'm fine."
She started to walk faster then them.
"It's bullshit Kieran."
"What?"
"She's been having nightmares nearly every night. She isn't good."
Kieran looked at Nat with worry. They all just walked to class, to get everything off there mind...or not.

...

"So you and Jake are done. For reals."
Emma asked.
"We were never together. We just had a little thing and yes it is. He might not know it but I'll tell him."
Jake and Will walked in. Natalie looked behind her and saw two empty seats. One behind Natalie and another behind Emma who was sitting next to her. Jake walked faster than Will and sat behind Natalie.
"Hey girls how ya doin."
"Fine."
Natalie turned and looked at the front.
"Nat. Can we talk after school Please."
She turned.
"No. We're done. We can now just be classmates."
Emma and Will looked at eachother and shook there heads.
Mrs. Lang, who is usually our math teacher came in.
"Hello students. Since Mr Branson is not a teacher anymore I will be here full time. I hope you all had a wonderful little break. Did anyone like the book assignment."
Noahs hand went up.
"Really you liked it?"
He nodded with a huge grin.
"Because I didn't. I thought it was dull, I understand what she was telling but how can you mix physiology and our lives together. That's what turns me on, and that is what I want you to be turned on to."
She turns to write on the board.
"I know what turns me on."
Jake whispered.
Natalie scoffed.
Emma smirked and Nat looked at her.
At the corner of her eye she saw a guy sitting at his desk staring at Emma.
She frowned and he noticed. He looked away and Natalie looked back up to.
Natalie just sat there not listening to anything.
"Nice job Zoe."
She shook her head and paid attention.
"Dreams are personal right so let's make it personal like what this town has been through. Scary huh...Has anyone had nightmares?"
"Yes."
The words just came out of Natalies mouth. She looked up, surprised at why she said yes.
"Why?"
"Umm...I guess when something dramatic...like death happens in front of you, you never really recover. Unless your a serial killer."
She looks at his brother and he nods.
"Like in this town, many of us have seen fear, death and a new way of life. Not in a great way but it changes us. It changes the things we see, hear and even smell. No one like us...can truly recover so people dream, wishing for a good life in a dream because it's your imagination...you can't have that, you've seen too much darkness and your head is full of it. It makes everything worse... when you think your alone, just terrified out of your mind and think everywhere you go is a death trap It's not a surprise some of us do have nightmares."
Mrs. Lang looked at Natalie.
Natalie breathed loudly and saw the whole class staring at her. She started to breath weirdly and something grabbed her hand from behind. She looked back and saw Jake smirking at her. He was holding tight, rubbing her hand with his thunb like he always does. She didn't let go, she turned around and watched Mrs Lang pick something off her desk. It was two post it notes. She put one on Natalies desk and one on Emmas.
"It's nice to see you too back. Call me if you need anything."
The girls nodded and Natalie looked at it.

"That's what's movies are all about, you go in watch and the lights come back on and you go home safe and sound."
"Or you go back to the realisation of your terrible lives."
Everyone looked at the boy who said that, the same guy that she caught staring at Emma.
"His names Stavo...Acostas kid. Apparently super creepy."
Will said.
Natalie nodded slowly and looked at Stavo.
"Scary but necessary."
Zoe pointed out. Noah looked back at her and smiled.
"Someone's got a crush."
Natalie says.
"Okay so everyone, this is what I want so your new assignment is to keep a dream journal next to your bed.
Write something you want to dream about before sleeping then when you wake up you write about it. Write down how you felt and describe that dream...or nightmare."
Mrs Lang looked at Natalie and nodded. The bell rang and Natalie and Jake stood up at the same time. They realized there hands were holding so Natalie pulled away and walked out of the class with Emma.
"Nice try dude...but try harder."
Will patted his best friends back.
Jake sighed and grabbed his bag.
"Wait Jake..."
Mrs Lang called his name.
"Yes?"
He turned to looked at his teacher.
"I saw you and Natalie. She seems calm when your around. She's been through too much...please for everyone's sake. Keep her safe."
He nodded. He turned to leave the room and throught about what Mrs Lang said.
"I'll keep her safe...even if it's the last thing I do."

Hey everyone.
I just wanted to say thank you to all the nice feedback. I'm hoping to WOW people with this book and make it even better as the first.

Please Vote, Share this book with your friends and follow me,
Thanks lovelies. 😙