Chapter 16: Love Kills

Natalie sat in a chair.
Richard had come since Teresa had to clean up Jake.
"Thank you Richard for coming. I couldn't of questioned her without you."
He nodded.
Natalie looked at her step father, he didn't want him here definitely not now.
"So Natalie. When was the last time you saw Jake."
"At the pool at lunch...he wanted me to forgive him for beating up the saber cats."
She paused and breathed in and out.
"I did and I asked him to be my escort for the carnival."
"Why the pool?"
"Nights before we snuck in and nearly had sex...we did in his room that night. It was the most fun I've had for a while."
She smiles alittle and then breaths.
Richard rolled his eyes and looked at Acosta.
"I didn't know anything about this."
"It's fine. Some teenage stuff... I would of done it."
Acosta flipped through papers.
"Did you not suspect something when he wasn't answering your texts."
"I...I..."
Natalie started to let the tears run down her cheeks again.
"I just assumed he beat the saber cats again...I was worried the other day but he was in jail."
"Okay..."
"Acosta...I want to see Jake. Alone..."
She looked up at him. She stood up.
Richard shook his head.
"No."
"I didn't ask you."
Natalie looked at her step father with a ditty look. She looked back at Acosta.
"Please."
The two males look at eachother.
"Okay. Follow me."
Acosta stands and leads Natalie back to the theatre.

...

"Mom..."
Teresa was crying, when she saw her daughter she brushed away the tears with her hands and looked at her.
"Can I see him..."
"No honey..."
"Please mom."
She unzips the black bag Jake was in only showing his face and chest and nothing else.
She fell to her knees and closed Jakes eyes. She started to cry again.
"Do you know how long he's been like this."
"Nat...I need to do an-"
"Please mom."
"Two days at least."
Natalie gasped and cried.
"Why...why him."
She placed her head on the black bag around him.
"Natalie it's time to go. We need to get Jake to ...away for safe keeping okay."
She lifted off of him and hugged her mother.
Teresa rubbed her back and tears ran down the foster familys faces.

...

Natalie was escorted to a class room. She looked at her phone. She pressed on Jakes face and stared at the last text "he" texted to her.
-I'll see you soon Natalie, watch out for me ;)
She scanned through there texts and giggled and some things he wrote to her.
She got up and turned her phone off. She put it in her purse and left the room.

She turned on the lights in the Pool room. She stood at the door way, the place she last saw Jake.
She started to cry again and walked to the pool.
She sat on the edge of the pool and closed her eyes, remembering what they did that night in the pool.
"Nat..."
She opened her eyes and saw Jake, sitting beside her.
She smirked but continued to cry.
"Hey don't cry."
"Your dead..."
Jake nodded alittle.
"Yeah..."
He placed his hand over hers.
He was so cold and Natalie shook her head.
"I'm sorry. I promised to keep you safe and..."
"No no no. Don't blame yourself. I was the stupid one. At least I kept you safe."
"But your gone...I didn't do anything to stop it."
She cried more, her tears ran down her face and her vision got blurry.
"Natalie...please stop crying."
He took his hand and brushed her cheeks.
She looked at him, he looked so alive but he wasn't, he was really in a body bag.
"How can I see you?"
"Your mourning, happened to me when I lost my grandmother. You see them, as long as you grief for them. So you'll see me whenever you grief."
"I'll always grief Jake...I miss you so much."
"I know...I know."
He took her hands in his and jumped into the water. She jumped in and walked to the middle of the pool with him.
"Just remember I'll always be with you Natalie...I love you."
They pushed themselves under the water. He pushed his cold lips onto her and pulled back. Natalie didn't feel Jakes hands in hers anymore. She lifted herself up and looked to see Jake was gone.
She pulled at her hair, she went back under and screamed.

Hey guys,
I've decided to make another Jake Fitzgerald book, Red Passion.
So please go check It out!