Chapter 20: Surprise

The door to Jakes house opened.
"Natalie?"
"Hey Mrs Fitzgerald..."
"Arn't you suppose to be at the carnival."
"I was...I couldn't take it, it was missing something."
"Jake..."
She nodded.
Natalie looked inside the house and saw boxes and furniture was gone. She looked to see a huge truck in the drive way.
"Your...moving?"
She sighed.
"Yes...we can not stay here. Everything just reminds us of our son. We will only be up the street in the next town over so we can visit you and his grave...as soon as we have the funeral."
"Do you need help?"
"Yes...we haven't started Jakes room. We just can't-"
"I'll be okay doing it. I'll probably know where hes hidin things."
They chuckled alittle.
"Okay. Come on in."
Natalie walked in and went up stairs.
"If you need anything just call okay."
Natalie nodded and opened Jakes room. It hadn't been touched since the last time she saw it.
She closed it behind her and saw a few boxes next to his bed. She opened one and starts putting his clothes inside. A piece of paper fell out of one of the pockets of his jeans.
She picked it up and opened it.
-Carnival, 4pm
It was in his handwriting. Messy and rushed.
Natalie was puzzled at what this ment, she looked at the clock and it was nearly 4pm, only 5 minutes left.
She put the paper on his bed and continued to put his clothes in a box. He closed one and kept going till it turned 4pm. She heard something move behind her and she turned to see Jake.
"Jake..."
"Natalie! I'm going out for abit!"
"Mom..."
She ran out and Jake followed.
"Okay. I'll stay here."
She smiled and walked out of her house.
She turned and saw Jake walking back inside his room.
"They're moving."
Natalie nodded.
"Why are you here..."
"It's 4 pm...I was suppose to do something at this time at the carnival."
He raised his arm and pointed to a draw. She opened it. She scanned and saw a little black box.
"Jake..."
She lifted it and opened it.
Jake grabbed her wrist and everything went black.

Natalie looked around and saw she was at the carnival again. She was around her friends and family.
She questioned why she was there.
"Whats happening?"
"Natalie..."
She turned and saw Jake in a black suit with a red tie.
"Natalie...I love you and I always have. I really hope you win this beauty pageant because Jennifer wins it every year."
"Hey! Im sorry im so great"
Jennifer yelled at him. People around laughed. Natalie did too.
"I know...we are still in high school and when we go to university or collage or just grow up...I want to spend it with you...I know we are young but I know we will always be with eachother, even through horrible times."
He kneeled down and went on one knee.
"Natalie Danielle Foster..."
He pulled out a small black box from his left pocket. He opened it and grabbed her left hand. The ring was white, small and just beautiful.
"Will you spend your life with me...will you Natalie, Marry me?"
Everyone cheered and yelled yes.
Natalie started to cry and nodded.
"Yes I will."
She covered her mouth with her hand and Jake took the ring and placed It on her hand.
She jumped onto him, hugging him. He hugged her and everyone clapped.
She looked at him, her fiancé and kissed him on the lips, closing her eyes.

Natalie opened her eyes. Tears running down her cheeks. Natalie saw inside the box was the exact ring from the little vision she just had. It was white, small and beautiful.
"I would of done that Natalie...that is what would of happened if I didn't die...it you said yes. I also wrote a speech and everything prepared...and that if i couldnt say any of it."
She looked to see a white envelope in the draw.
"Jake...who did this to you."
"I don't know...but you'll make them pay."
"I will...I will. I swear on it."
She closed the small box.
"I'm so sorry..."
"Natalie! I'm back."
Jakes mother called to her.
Jake held her hands.
"I have to go...I love you Natalie."
"Thank you...I love you too"
The door to his room opened. Natalie turned to see Jakes mother.
"Hey...what's that."
Natalie held onto the box with her hands.
His mother walked in more and Natalie showed her the box, with the ring inside.
"Oh my god."
Natalie walked to the sheet of paper on the bed.
"He would of done it today, at this time, we would of been engaged if that son of bitch killer didnt kill him!"
She looked at Jakes mother crying.
"It's his grandmother's ring. This has ran through the family for years."
Natalie walked to the envelope and opened it.
She saw a whole pile of money inside and a piece of paper. Jakes mother grabbed the money and counted it.
"There's thousands here."
"To Natalie, my angel in armor."
"That's abit odd."
His mother says.
They laugh and she continues reading.
"After I did the video of if I die for your nerd of a brother, I needed to write something. So here it is. If I do die, which I'm guessing I did since your reading this. I want you to take that money and live a life I'll never have. I love you Natalie and tell my mother I'm sorry for stealing abit of money out of there account to save up for you. Please don't forget me, I love you and please..."
Natalie frowned.
"Umm...check if your you know...I didn't realize but the condom broke! Jake!"
"Are you shitting me!"
Jakes mother yelled.
"That's one way to end a fucking letter..."
"That's Jake for ya."
"Can you?"
Natalie looked at Jakes mother.
"I'm on it. I'll be back."
She runs out of the house, slamming the door.
Natalie starts to laugh.
"Jake...You shit bag."