Chapter Fifteen

"Jess? Jessie no. Stop, Jessie stop," I pretended to huff. "I don't want to go."

"Baby, it will be fun," Jessie smiled. She knew I was only joking and that I wasn't really in a mood with her but I didn't want to go. A few for Taylor's friends were having a house party tonight as some of then just passed their driving test.

"No, I'm not going. Like what even is the point of having a party when you just got your license. It's like you're promoting drinking and driving. That's wrong. Like who even does that. Don't they have brains and can you imagine being like 'Congratulations, you passed' and handing them a bottle of vodka," I scoffed, trying to keep the pout on my face.

"You should have seen your face!" Jess exclaimed bursting into first of giggles on the bed beside me. "You look so cute when you're ranting, it's unreal." She sounded so like Cameron when she said that. Maybe she has been spending too much time around me. 

"Oh really?" I challenged. She nodded in response and giggled again.

"You should see your face when I tickle you!" I shrieked. I jumped on her lap and tickled her torso.

"Rowan, stop. Please, stop Row," Jessie pleaded in between gasps of air. Suddenly I thought of a plan, a very cunning plan if I do say so myself.

"I'll stop if you do me a favour?" I asked. I knew she would do anything as long as I promised to stop tickling her but I decided not to use that to my advantage. Who only knows what I'd ask her to do.

"Okay, anything you want!" She promised. Just as I thought. Now she was really pushing me.

"Anything?"

"Yes, anything!" She said, still squirming under me. This made me giggle until she punched me playfully telling me it wasn't funny.

"Could you go get me those two boxes from Taylor?" I smiled.

"What now?"

"Well you want to go tomorrow don't you?" I asked, already knowing her answer.

"We can actually go tomorrow?" She shrieked.

"Yes," I giggled. That sent her mad. She was excited, and so am I if I am perfectly honest with you.

When we came back from seeing my family we invited Stephen and Rose over. They arrived with a few gifts for us just like we had for them, but the personalized apron like the one I got my mum and the American style cookbook for Rose and the new fishing rod I got for Stephen held no competition for the gift they got us. They explained that we had to go off out to see it. We all bailed into their car and zoomed just up the road and parked outside a different house. So, out we jumped and. Rose handed us a small box. No bigger than the palm of you're hand. Jessie questioned why we had to come here just so they could give it to us. I handed Jess the box and told her she could open it. Stephen chuckled at that. She opened the box and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She lifted 2 silver keys out of the box and held them both in front of her eyes with the key ring.

"Merry Christmas," Rose and Stephen smiled turning to face the house.

I was still confused and Jessie was thinking hard. Suddenly, her face smoothed out into an excited grin and I put 1 + 1 together. My facial expression didn't change as I realised they had bought us a house. Jessie was dancing and squealing in the middle of the street before Rose and Stephen told us to go in.

The house was amazing. IT had everything we needed and more, aswe certainly didn't need three bedroms. The place wasn't over massive but it was very spacious and already had quite a homely feel to it. I truly couldn't wait until Jessie and I were settled in and had our own little home. Jessie had now slid down into my side as we both found our way under my covers. I felt her chest rise and fall against my side and soon her breathing evened out.

"I love you baby," I breathed against her head as I cuddled into her to sleep.

"I love you too, Row," she replied in a sigh against my neck as we slipped into a sleep beside each other.