Chapter Twenty

"Lexi! I'm going to get you!" Jessie shrieked as she ran after my little sister. 

I looked around me. It was perfect. My mum and dad were playing chess with Jessie's mum and dad. I had just been highly engaged in a conversation about the making of Converse with her two sisters as she ran around the house with Cam and the rest of my siblings with her nieces and nephews. We had come back to Jessie's. She has two nights off tour and we though we should come back to hers for some family time, so far it was going a treat.

Right in this moment things were good. Not ideal, but good. Everyone was getting on, everyone was having fun and most of all, I felt like I belonged. Not just within myself but within everyone. 

"Rowan, Lexi fell and she wants you," Jessie called from the other side of the house. I excused myself from Hannah and Rachel and went to find Jessie and the kids. They were stood at the bottom of the stairs. 

"Hey baby," I said to Lexi. 

She began to tell me of how she was running away from Jessie and fell up the stairs. Sure enough there was a small graze on her chin. 

"How about we sneak you one of Jessie's special Hello Kitty plasters and make it all better?" I whispered in her ear. She giggled in response before we took of the kitchen to grab them. 

Everyone decided it would be a good idea to give the kids some time to rest so they were set up in the living room in a big nap area with lots of pillows and blankets and beanbags. It looked rather inviting if I do say so myself but I had to be the adult that I am in this situation and join everyone in the kitchen even though I could really do with a nap. 

"So, when does Cameroon start his therapy?" Stephen asked, causing me to choke on my own siliva. 

"He um, he starts in two days time." My mum revealed this information to Stephen and also me. I tried to swallow the huge lump in my throat. 

"Oh, I didn't know it was that soon," I choked. I stood up and left the room. It wasn't a shock, I knew it was coming and the sooner it came, the better but it came while everything was so good and I guess that was something I would just have to get used to. I rested my head on the wall. Before I was joined by Jessica.

"Hey baby," she whispered as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Hi gorgeous," I replied, still facing the wall.

"You okay?" She asked, turning me around to face her.

"I'm fine babe, sorry about that."

"You don't need to apoligise, you know that. Right?" Jessie asked me.

"I do. I need to get used to the fact that this is going to be everywhere we go. And that it will always come up. I need to accept that fact. He hasn't talked to me about it and I just didn't expect it that's all," I explained.

"He will talk to you at some point, he just needs to accept it too. And he will talk to you," She insisted.

That was he main reason that I was so upset about it. I had taken it on to ask him to have treatment in the first place and I was one of the people had to finding out last which hurt me. I suppose this whole situation was hurting Cameron the most, so I decided just to let the matter go. "Yeah, I guess." I shrugged.

"How about in the mean time we put a picnic together and go for lunch in the park once all the kids wake up?" She smiled.

"Sounds good," I smiled, pulling her waist so her hips were touching mine. I craned my neck, running my thumb over her soft bottom lip before touching it lovingly with my own. She placed her arms around my neck and the pace increased but not a single ounce of that love was lost. I pulled away slightly pecking the side of her mouth.

"I miss you so much," she whispered right in my ear. She was obviously referring to the amount of sex we have been having due to sharing a bus with 12 other people, or the lack off. The best thing to do was joke about it.

"I guess we found one downside to tour," I chuckled.