Chapter Three

"Chelsea, sit the fuck down! She's only been gone for 2 hours and you have brushed that floor at least three times since she's left!" Taylor sighed. She was clearly annoyed by me trying to busy myself to take my mind of Jessie.

Oh, so perfect Jessie.

I can't seem to stop thinking about her. I wonder what she's doing now. I should have asked her. Forget asking her, I should have driven her to work. I wish I could remember last night, I regret it so much. Not the meeting Jessie part, oh no - just drinking so much. Screw you Chelsea, screw you! At least I remembered this morning. Oh, I cannot even describe what it felt like to kiss those perfect, plump, pink lips. As I finished thinking about this morning I was aware of a slight humming.

"Chelsea!"Taylor shrieked.

""Jeez! What do you want Taylor?" I yelled.

"I asked you like 25 times if you wanted me to order you some food," she defended. I heard the magic word in that sentence.

"Mm, yeah. I'll have double what you're having and you can pay for it, I'm broke," I smiled, winding her up.

"I told you to get a part time job already! You've been asking your dad for double rent for 3 months now so you have enough money, most of which you drink at the weekends," she sighed, grabbing the house phone. "It's a good job I have a steady income! Bills don't pay themselves."

I grunted in return.

Taylor was always on my back to get a job. She knew what her priorities were and she tried to make me see sense too. I knew I needed a job but I didn't fancy working in some smelly ass chippy every Friday night being caked in grease while everyone was out partying. It just wasn't my style and now that I knew I'd have no chance of going to dance school it just put me down even more. I sighed and lifted the brush again and began going over the same spot absentmindedly.

"For God sake, gimme that brush. Food will be 20 minutes," Taylor informed me.

I decided to go wash the dishes that I left steeping so we could eat our food off clean plates and with clean cutlery.

Our food arrived on time and we ate it quickly. Well, I ate all of mine and half of Taylor 's. Maybe I pissed her off a bit about that. I decided to text Jessie, I'd just make a random excuse up.

Hey, I just hung your clothes out to dry. Call me when you get a chance.

Rowan x

I risked that dodgy little kiss, hopefully she won't mind. I figured that I should probably give my mum a ring and tell her that I got my results and I applied for a few dance schools.

After a good hour and a half on the phone to my mother, assuring her I was okay and not wallowing in self-pity over my narrow underachievement and that I had accounted for a number of options not just dance school, that I finally got off the phone realized it was seven o'clock. Today has crept in quickly.

I returned to the living room to find that Taylor had gone out. The little munchkin had left me a cute little note. I stuck the TV on and quickly discovered that Lethal Weapon 4 was on. Unfortunately, I never got to see the end of it as I faded rather quickly.

I was pulled from my cute little nap by my phone ringing. It was Jess. Suddenly, everything else became irrelevant.

"Hello, Rowan's prostitution service, here to provide for everyone's needs. Row speaking, how can I help you?" I spoke into the receiver.

"Hello Rowan. It's Alexis, Jessie's manager," a girly voice informed me.

Oh, dear God.I'm such a fool.

"Hello?" Alexis called.

"Uh- um, hi," I stammered.

"I was just calling for Jessie to find out what your plans are for 9.30? Jessie has a short radio interview at 9 but she asked me to find out if you would be able to go around to her's?" She asked, politely.

"Y-yeah, that's fine!" I replied maybe a little too eagerly.

"Okay, I'll have someone pick you up and bring you over then. Thanks," Alexis explained. I checked my watch, 9.10 - twenty minutes to wait.

"Thank you, bye," I said hanging up.

Apart from being embarrassed about how I answered the phone, I was very pleased with the little phone call. Alexis seemed nice, but spending time with Jessie seemed even nicer. I ran to my room and began to freak out about what to wear. Obviously this was not a date. I hunted for a change of clothes but couldn't find anything to wear so I quickly just changed my jeans and lifted my wallet and keys before returning to the living room. Five minutes of nervous pacing later a black van turned up outside and I knew it was my transport to Jessie's. It turned out I lived closer to Jess than I thought. This resulted in me being there before her and as it was raining outside her driver allowed me in.

Jessie's house was amazing. It was at the end of a secluded little terrace. I didn't expect it to be so small. Well, when I say small, I meant small for a celebrity. The little house was very spacious, and modern. The kitchen, living and dining area was open planned. All painted different shades of grey - how risque. The kitchen had a very contemporary feel and looked crisp and clean. The sunken living room was furnished with black glass furniture and different texture really brought the room to life. There was media system, which held an amazing taste of albums, from many different artists. It seemed as though the grey theme carried on throughout the house as my feet carried me to the stairs, which were carpeted in a rich purple. As I got to the top of the stairs there were two closed doors and one opened, which revealed a white modern bathroom. I opened the door to the left of the bathroom to reveal a plain single bedroom - a guest bedroom. Everything was accented with the green of the curtains, rug, pictures and ornaments.

I opened the door next to the master bedroom. Inside would have wowed the toughest design critics. A huge king size bed was the center of the room, bedded in a floral, green and duck egg blue sheet. A large sleek brown wardrobe was to the left of the bed and a matching chest of drawers was to the right, which housed an average size LCD T.V. Above the bed was the framed copy of her album, Who You Are. It was amazing. This room was beautiful, but not in comparison to the person who was now stood beside me.

"So, you've found my sanctuary?" Jessie smiled, trailing her fingers along the bed as she made her way around to the other side.

"It's beautiful," I awed.

"Thanks, I do try," she replied, looking at the plague above her bed.

"It's everything to you isn't it?" I said, except the question came out as a statement.

"It is indeed. I can tell you how, if you like," she said, wondering, as she sat down on the bed. She indicated to me to sit down beside her.