Chapter Twenty One

As the weeks went on Jessie's tour was finally coming to a close. We had invited Taylor to come along to some of the dates in the last  few days too and she just crashed on the couch. The atmosphere has slowly been deteriorating. Cameron had been getting worse and worse. His treatment had not been doing him any favours and this upset me greatly. I hated watching him growing ever more lifeless and it wasn't just me who think had an effect on. It was the whole bus. Both mine and Jessie's families had grown into a tight knit bunch over the past few months and the Cornishs' loved Cammy too. They were equally downhearted by his decline.

He on the other hand did not bat an eyelid to the fact he was so ill. He kept the bus alive. The band loved him and they devoted a small portion of their time to teaching him to play. He was ace at guitar, thanks to Lewie. He even told Cam that he was at a semi-professional level now, even after just 8 weeks.

I, however, felt myself growing away from him. He was just so positive all of the time and I never quite understood him. He should be taking it easy and resting, trying to prolong his time rather than doing excessive activities and diminishing it.

Jessie and I had talked about this lots but it just resulted in her saying the same thing. "Rowan, you need to respect his wishes. He's doing what he wants, he's happy and so should you be." It put a wedge between us sometimes. How could I be happy seeing his downfall? His eyes growing more sunken. His frequent nose bleeds and sometimes ear bleeds. His protruding bones. I couldn't. So I avoided that argument by retreating to bed extremely early and listening to the laughs and talk and giggles coming from the lounge area of the bus, just like I did tonight. Except Jessie came in and lay beside me.

"Hey babe." Jessie said.

"Alright?" I muttered.

"Rowan, what's wrong?" She asked.

"You know what's wrong Jessie."

"I thought we were by all of this," she stated.

"Maybe they all are but I'm not. I just want everyone to be happy," I sighed.

"Baby, everyone his happy but you. You need to cheer up," Jessie lectured me.

"I can't."

"You can and I know how." Jessie replied sounding determined. "Friday is the last show and I'm going to make it go out with a bang. You and I are going to do a showcase. We are going to dance. Cameron is going to play for me all night. Our parents are going to be on lights along with Taylor. And Lacey, Lexi and Holly are going to dance with us in the finale. It's going to be our show. Not mine."

I smiled. Jessie never failed to amaze me, she was the most thoughtful, kindhearted person I had ever met. She was just the cutest. She tried her hardest to make everyone happy and she was able to do it somehow. 

"I love you, ya ass," I smiled, kissing her lips.

"I know, ya ass," she laughed.

----------------------------------------------

And that's just what we did. We got up extra early for call time in the morning an spent a whole 6 hours in practice. Everyone was doing absolutely brilliant. And Lacey and Lexi had both been roped into rapping for Price Tag. Cam was doing brilliant on guitar and the lighting was exceptional. We ran over the four songs Jessie and I were dancing to; Do It Like A Dude, Abracadabra, Laserlight and Domino before we all rehearsed the finale which was fabulous.

After we had finished in rehearsals we scooted into town to get suited and booted for tonight. Literally. We got fitted suits. Cameron's was all black with a thin black tie. Myself, Jessie and Holly wore classic black suit and tie with white shirt and Lacey and Lexi had cute little pink suits with a black tie. Classy, I know.

Finally we hit the stage at 8 o'clock on the dot with a spontaneous intro. The atmosphere was electric and when Jessie introduced her band everyone went wild for Cameron. The reception was literally unbelievable. And he even played the whole show flawlessly.

There was a quick interval half way into the show which everyone had a snack to maintain their energy levels along with a huge bottle of water. Of course Cameron's meds had to be taken into consideration and he was scheduled to have them during the interval. Everyone was in such high spirits. Me included. After the interval it was time for me and Jessie to show them what we were made of so I ran down to my dressing room to clip on my tie and grab my bottle of water.

"So I'd like to welcome another special guest to the stage, Rowan Jones."

The crowd went mad again just as Cammy started the cords to Abracadabra. I was ushered up the steps and Jessie grabbed by hand just as we began. The dance was very energetic, just like the song and we gave it out all before moving on the DILAD. Except this routine was more gritty due to the sheer nature of the song. I was especially looking forward to Domino however. It was arranged for the second verse to get a little sexual, again to reciprocate the mood of the song, however it involved a white sheet, the worm and grind on me moves while both of us were on the floor. Now the other three girls joined us on stage to complete the finale. We completed our dance to Laserlight which involved streamers, balloons and confetti at the request of Lexi. When they burst she had a ball in the middle of the stage. Laughing and giggling. Everyone applauded and we hugged before we went off stage while Jessie said a few words. However she grabbed my hand, stopping me.

She kissed my lips softly. "You did great. " She smiled and before I went to walk off, she tugged my arm. "Stay."

Everyone else filtered of stage and only Jessie and I were left.

"This show was a special one of to lift the spirits of everyone close to me. Rowan helped me organise it all and so much work was out into it. So thank you all for coming." She smiled and I kissed her head before she waved at the audience and I saluted before we both ran of stage.

"You were brilliant baby. Well done!" I beamed.

"Same can be said for you Miss Jones." Jessie replied with a huge smile.

We burst the ought the door of the green room happily.

"Well done everyone, when does the celebrations being?" I asked laughing.

"Rowan!" My mum shrieked turning around.

As she turned I seen the thing that haunts my nightmares. Cameron was on the floor with blood spilling from his nose and ears.