26

Willow

On Christmas eve Kai and I laid around watching Christmas movies and eating popcorn. Kai left earlier this morning to spend time with his family on Christmas day. So I was chillin' in my house when Conner and Connie came over. I had previously wrapped their presents and hid them under my bed. When they enter the house I was engulfed in hugs by the two of them. We exchanged gifts and the both of them got me a pair of headphones I wanted. I gave them tee shirts. Each tee shirt says I'm older and they're styled to their genders. I've always joked about who's older between them because their birthday is the funniest thing. Conner is technically a year older than Connie. Conner was born December 31, 1995, at 11:58; Connie was born January 1, 1996, at 12:01. They didn't find out who was older until they were freshman when Connie was yelling at Conner claiming she was most likely older. We still joke about their age now. After we exchanged gifts we all ate and I left the house wearing my new wireless headphones. I told Conner and Connie that I was only going for a walk, that's not completely true. When I was ten years old I went to Atlanta to see my aunt for Christmas. Vivian got sick and I left the house Christmas day because my mom didn't want me sick. I went to the park and wandered around the woods until I found this little opening. It had snowed that day and there was another little kid there. His name was Kyle. I promised him if I was ever in Atlanta for Christmas again I'd come here to see him; I never saw him again. He must be in high school now and has forgotten about me, but there's no harm in trying. I wander through the woods and found the small patch of opening. Now that there's not any snow like I remember it looks familiar to the place Kai took me when he woke me up at 1 in the morning. I laid down on the cold grass and watched the water flow from the small waterfall. I heard the breaking of sticks behind me, I turned around quick and check behind me only to see Kai standing behind me with a giant grin on his face.

"Hey, Snowflake."

I shake my head at him," I should've known it was you."

"Disappointed?"

"No, it would've been easier to put together if I came here earlier so I would know what this place looked like without snow."

He walks forwards and points to my new headphones," These are new."

"Conner and Connie gave them to me for Christmas."

"That reminds me, come on I have to give you your present," he drags me out of the woods.

"You didn't have to get me anything Kyle," I smile.

"Yeah I did, oh and I don't care if you didn't get me a present, it's fine."

"Okay."

He leads me away from the opening and takes me away from the park. We walk to his house and when we enter I'm greeted by his parents. I say hi to Michelle and Adam. Kai sits down by the Christmas tree and I sit next to him. he hands me a small box carefully wrapped in Christmas decorated paper.

"It took me forever to wrap that," Kai mumbled.

"A for effort," I wink at him.

I unwrap the gift slowly and I'm presented with a small black box. I open the box slowly and inside there's a necklace with a snowflake charm. it has sapphires on the outside and in the center of the snowflake. I cover my mouth in awe of the beautiful necklace in front of me.

Kai rubs the back of his neck nervously," do you like it?"

I look at him with a dead serious face," no."

Kai head drops and I smile brightly," I love it."

He raises his head to look at me and I wrap my arms around his shoulders and pull him into a hug. I hold him close and squeeze tightly.