39

Violet

I woke up with a heavy arm draped across my waist and a hard chest under my head. I look up and Kyle's face some into view. I suddenly flinch at the sight but it causes him to hold me closer. I curl up against him and he softly rubs my back. I relax against his body remembering the familiar feeling. I lay there for a few minutes until an alarm goes off. Kyle turns over and cuts in off looking down at me and smiling. I give him a weak smile in return and he pulls in for a hug. he releases me and starts to get up from the bed. I grab his arm tightly and give him a questioning look. He looks at me and smiles.

"I have to get ready for work, Reid is coming over to take care of you."

I nod and let go of his arm, he walks into the bathroom and I grab the remote off of the bedside table and cut on the tv across from me. I curl up in the covers and watch Tom and Jerry since it's the only thing that's on.

Kyle comes out of the shower wearing only a towel and little droplets of water on his chest. I lick my lips as a reflex and he walks to the large closet on the other side of the room. He closes the door behind him. I let out a sigh and go back to watching my cartoons. A knock sounds at the door and Kyle yells out for me to answer it. I get off the bed and move to answer the door. I swing the door open and Reid is standing in a black tank top holding a matching black hoodie.

He smiles,"Hey"

I nod and he hands me the hoodie he was holding. I grab it and open the door wider for him to step in. He enters the room just as Kyle emerges from the closet. He's wearing a nice suit and his hair is pulled back into a ponytail. He nods in Reid's direction and Reid grunts in response. Everything feels really tense and I just stand in the middle of their stare down fidgeting uncomfortably. Eventually, they stop and Kyle walks over to me and gives me a peck on my forehead.

"See you later," he waves as he walks out of the door closing it behind him.

I put on the hoodie Reid brought for my and sit back on the bed, watching the cartoons. I pat the spot next to me and Reid follows and sits down.

"are you gonna talk at all?" Reid asks out of nowhere.

I shake my head. I'm not in any mood to say anything. There are scars everywhere, and there's a huge one on my stomach that I'm scared to show anyone. I feel uncomfortable in my own skin and I don't feel myself anymore. I don't even feel alive, it's like I'm only existing now.

"did he hurt you?"

I nod. Reid turns me around to face him.

"You have to talk sometime V, you can't stay silent forever."

I turn around and lay on his chest, ignoring what he said to me. He sighs but lets me lay on him.

After a few hours, there's a bang on the door. I flinch away from Reid in fear. Reid gets up to answer the door and I move farther away from it. Reid opens the door and instantly he gets pushed out of the way. Connie's face appears and she has a business-y look on her face.

She point her thumb out of the door,"out"

Reid looks confused.

She pushes him out of the door,"You heard me out."

"but-" he starts to protest but he's already out of the door. Connie slams it shut, the noise causing me to jump. She starts rummaging through her purse until she pulls out an unfamiliar bottle out of it.

"Come here."

I raise one of my eyebrows in confusion but she just says it again. I reluctantly walk over to her and she pulls Reid's sweatshirt over my head. I pull back but she just brings me back to her.

"It's scar cream, it'll help your scars heal."

She squirts a little bit of the cream onto her hand and starts applying it to my arm. When she finishes my arms she moves to my legs.

"this is a stab wound V, did he stab you in the stomach?"

I cross my arms over my stomach and nod. This would be a lot easier to deal with if my best friend wasn't in med school. She puts the cream over the wound sighing sadly. When she finishes she puts the hoodie back onto my body and tells me to lay down on the bed. She goes out for a little bit leaves the door cracked so she can get in. When she comes back she has soup with her and Kyle.

"I brought you a little someone."

Kyle smiles and waves, "I took a little break so I could come in and check on you."

I smile a little and wave.

"still not talking I see."

I nod but my mood is lifted a little. Connie shoves him out of the room like she did to Reid.

"out, out you have a job to do."

"I own this place I can take a break if I want to," Kyle protests.

"Just get out."

I chuckle at their little banter and Kyle finally leaves. Connie shuts the door and crawls onto the bed next to me.

"Eat your food and get some sleep, you really need it."

I sat my soup following the doctor's orders. It's been a while since I've had a hot meal. I finish my soup quickly and lay on Connie's shoulder; it doesn't take long before I fall asleep.