About The Council.

"A few years ago, the City Council of Monza, Italy, barred pet owners from keeping goldfish in curved bowls...saying that it is cruel to keep a fish in a bowl with curved sides because, gazing out, the fish would have a distorted view of reality. But how do we know we have the true, undistorted, picture of reality?".
                         ~Stephen Hawking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clockwork, being the Master of Time, enjoyed watching time and never wasting it. So imagine how he was feeling as he sat there listening to the Observants drone on and on about all the things he had done.

It was incredibly boring and, mind you, that he had done those things in order to preserve the balance of all of Time. It was hard for the Observants to understand or comprehend what those things could have done for the rest of the inhabitants of Amity Park, nay, the World.

The Head Observant was on his podium and talking in his direct even though Clockwork was hardly paying attention. The other councilmen, who's roles in the flow of everything in the GhostZone and Living World were as just as important as, but equally less important,than his own role, were listening intently.

Clockwork suddenly was reminded of Young Danny and how bored he had looked while being in his Math classes and felt his thoughts wander to the young Halfa and how he was faring.

At the start of this Council Meeting, Clockwork had felt a deep, cold, grip on his core that made him freeze and stop. He had glanced around without moving as to not draw attention to himself to find the source of the chill. When he couldn't track down where the feeling, or who, it was coming from his mind raced to Danny and he knew, he could feel it, that something was wrong with his ward.

I'm sure of that, Clockwork thought, As every kind of Hero from a brown haired blue eyed boy who likes pink saying "What could possibly go wrong" to a bald, arrow, adored boy who's been frozen in a iceberg and it automatically goes wrong. There's no doubt about it, Daniel was in danger.

Clockwork wanted to fly as fast as he could out of there.

He wanted to be at Danny's side and solve his problem in a instant.

He wanted to tell the Observants a few choice words that would put them in their place (and also change this story) and order them to never speak ill of Danny again.

He wanted to rant and rave.

He wanted to tell the young Halfa that it was going to be alright, that everything was going to be OK.

He wanted to show the Observants that he didn't need to be told how to do his job.

But... He couldn't.

He couldn't do any of those things because he knew that they would come back to get him.

So for the future of the World.

For Danny's future.

He stilled himself and waited until the Observants were done.

All the while the cold feeling from before grew tighter and tighter around his core.

Yes, Clockwork thought while tightening his hands into fists, Something was definitely wrong. Very, very, wrong.

And when this Council Meeting was over, Clockwork would make it right. Not for himself or the future of the World, but for one blue eyed, black haired, teen who loved space.

He would do it for Danny, and Danny alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like Clockwork will make things right asap.

I wonder why he just didn't blast the Observants and high tail it out of there?

I know it's what I would do.

Lol.

What is the connection between Danny and Clockwork?

Will he be able to find the solution to Danny's problem before its too late!?

Sorry that this chapter was short. It's really a filler chapter anyway to just show where Clockwork was during the other chapters.

Buy gold bye 👋

Until the next chapter.

Comment, vote, and you know the rest.

Thanks for reading!

~Shadowpelt1028