Cleo Is GhostWriter's Apprentice!?

"It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
~ Albus Dumbledore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cleo!?" Danny's voice rose to a higher pitch when he spotted the ghost girl, calmly, sitting at a table with a book in her hand and her tail curled around the back of the chair.

Danny watched as her ears pricked up at the sound of her name and she turned her eyes to him. Yellow eyes lit up like the sun and a smile formed on her face.

"Hi there,Danny", Cleo waved at him and stood up from her chair, "What brings you here?".

"I don't really know" ,Danny shrugged his shoulders and rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment with a hand without looking at her, "I don't really know where here is".

"Oh?" ,Cleo let out a small hum and regarded Danny with calculating eyes, "What's the last thing you remember? And here is the Library".

"The L-Library?!" ,Danny squeaked out in fear while looking around quickly. He was trying to find the ghost that dwelled within the Library,"Do you know where Ghostwriter is!?".

"Why?" ,Cleo asked, raising a eyebrow. "Do you need him for something?".

She leaned on the back of her heels and balanced like that for a few seconds with the book pressed against her chest.

"I..You see" ,Danny started to fidget with a loose string on his jacket, "He sort of has a grudge against me. It was because of a Christmas thing that made me mad and I had gone to blow off some steam, but I ended up blowing up a book of his".

"You..",Cleo tilted her head in a confused way as though she was having a hard time picturing him mad, "Blew up a book?".

"Yeah" Danny looked down at his white shoes and blushed. The deep green was bright against his skin and Cleo noticed it right away cause of how pale he had become.

Cleo knew through experience how much a Ghost's obsession was to them and it was hard for them to find a new one when one's obsession was destroyed.

Cleo knew the mind numbing pain that would come from the Core.

She knew the feeling of the fog that gripped the mind of a Ghost who was searching for a new obsession.

The emptiness that would hang over the individual like a cloud and follow them like a faithful dog.

The individual would become a shadow of their former self.

"..eo... Cleo...Hey, Cleo!" Danny clapped his hands next to her head, startling her.

"Meeoooww!" Cleo let out a very cat-like shriek and her tail puffed up in alarm. She jumped up onto the chair that was behind her and crouched on all fours. Her back arched and her tail lashed in agitation as she gathered herself.

"Don't do that!" She spat and sat down on her knees before taking her tail in her hands and brushed the spiked up hairs back into place.

"Sorry" ,Danny stored away her reaction into a vault in the back of his head and covered his mouth to keep himself from laughing, "I was trying to get your attention. I didn't know that you would react like that".

"It's fine", Cleo let go of her tail and it curled back behind her, "Alright back to your dilemma".

She rested her elbows on her knees, the bands jingling as she moved, and locked her fingers together.

"What's the last thing you remember?" She asked and Danny watched as a calculating look crossed her face.

"The last thing I remember was-" Danny started, but Cleo interrupted him.

"Wait!" ,Cleo held up her hand to stop him, "Sorry to interrupt, but would you like to take a seat?".

Using the same hand that was up, Cleo rotated her wrist and a chair appeared out of thin air.

"Woah" ,Danny's eyes widened in surprise, and he took the offered seat at the table, "How did you do that?".

"How?", Cleo's tail swayed behind her and a glowing smile formed on her face,
"I'll answer you if you answer me. It'll be like 20 questions".

"Alright", Danny leaned back in the chair which changed into a comfortable recliner which he pulled back and put his feet up, "This is so cool".

"Danny. Focus" ,Cleo drew Danny's attention to her by snapping her fingers, "The question. Remember. What do you remember before you got here? Before you saw me?".

"Oh, right" ,Danny folded his hands behind his head and looked up at the ceiling that was covered in glowing stars and a chalk, white, moon, "Well Vlad and me. You know Vlad, right?". A Ghost with gravity defying black hair, blue skin, fangs. Kind of looks like Dracula?".

Cleo nodded her head and Danny continued, "We were looking at these really old books in search of my Core type and I had found this sentence in one of the books that I couldn't read and neither could Vlad".

"A sentence" A look that Danny couldn't place flew across her face, but it was gone before he could figure out what it was.

"Then this boy appeared and that's the last thing I can remember" Danny finished. After a few minutes of not hearing a comment from Cleo, confused green orbs darted off to the left and found wide, yellow, eyes full of surprise and anxiety.

"Cleo?" ,Danny sat up and watched her for a few seconds then let out a shout of surprise when she, without warning, doubled over while clutching her head with both of her hands, "CLEO!!?".

Danny launched himself out of the comfortable recliner with the speed of a bullet. He was just in time to catch her before her head hit the floor and lifted her with ease into his arms.

"Hey" ,Danny gave her a little shake after placing her in the recliner, "Hey, Cleo".

Cleo's head rolled over and Danny was at a lost of what to do. He ran his hands through his hair and looked around the Library.

"I can't believe I'm doing this" Danny ran his hands down his face before sighing and taking a deep breath.

"GHOSTWRITER!! I DESTROYED ONE OF YOUR BOOKS!!" ,Danny yelled at the top of his lungs, then he got into a fighting stance and waited.

"YOU WHAT!!??" The enraged yell of the Library ghost echoed as he appeared in a swirl of letters and scattered, parchment paper. YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER DOLT! DID YOU NOT CONTEMPLATE YOUR LESSON THE LAST TIME A ENIGMA LIKE THIS HAPPENED?? THIS IS FAR MORE REPULSIVE THAN THAT DREADED REMAKE OF ROMEO AND JULIET!!  AND WHAT IN THE ZONE'S NAME HAPPENED TO MY APPRENTICE!?".

Danny waited with his hair whipping in the wind that spun the parchment and letters around like a tsunami. Green eyes looked into glowing, red, ones and Danny started to rethink his decision.

"Oh man" Was all the words that Danny could come up with at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like Danny's in a bit of a bind.

What happened to Cleo?

Why is Danny in the Library?

Is this real or a illusion?

Is Danny going to get trapped in another poem?

What is Vlad and the other Ghosts doing?

What does this mean?

Who was that boy that they saw?

Did he have something to do with the book that Danny had found?

Will the answer be in the Library that's in Vlad's Mansion!?

AND WHEN WILL CLOCKWORK GET AWAY FROM THE OBSERVANTS IN ORDER TO HELP DANNY!?!?

Find out next time.

Vote,comment,and all that good stuff.

Thanks for reading!

~Shadowpelt1028.