The Trip Through The Ghostzone

"Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all of one's lifetime" - Mark Twain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vlad Plasmius' cape fluttered behind him in the nonexistent wind as he flew through the green void that was the Ghost zone. The bundle in his arms that was Danny Phantom and the very uncomfortable silence that came from him made Vlad fly all the more faster.

It was when Vlad had passed Technus' door that the older Halfa was aware of the silence around him as well.

"What in blazes?",Vlad looked around at the empty space with a confused frown, "Where is everyone?".

His voice echoed for a bit before it stopped and he could no longer hear it.

Muttering about Ghosts not being around when he needed them to be, Vlad continued with his flying.

The emptiness of the GhostZone only made him even more suspicious, and the faint sound of Danny's heartbeat against his chest,only added to his growing list of stressful ,and paranoia causing, things.

After flying for several minutes, or was it hours? It was hard to tell in the Zone, Vlad finally came upon Walker's Prison in all of its gloomy and purple glory.

The prison was made out of stone and concrete just like any other holding facility in the Real, Human, World, but unlike there it was glowing with a deep green aura and didn't have that welcoming atmosphere that a normal hospital would, but that was understandable since it was also a jail. Vlad flew up to the large, dark purple, doors and hovered there for a few seconds as he adjusted Danny to a more comfortable position in his arms so that he had at least one arm free. It was actually a position that someone would hold a newborn baby with it tucked, safely, in one arm. Rapping on the metal with a black, gloved, hand the Vampire Ghost waited for a answer.

It took exactly three minutes for a Guard to notice him. Four more minutes for him to get to Walker and ten minutes for Vlad to convince him to give Danny treatment. All in all, it took up took much time when Danny could be dying, or fading in Ghost terms, for Vlad's liking.

So here they were in the Hospital Ward and Vlad watched as Ghost Doctors placed Danny on a bed and hooked him up to a IV bag, a oxygen mask, and a heart ,and core, monitor. It made Vlad feel at ease when he saw Danny's breath come out of his mouth and fog up the device which helped him breath before it faded away and the process repeated.

Vlad let out a sigh of relief and backed out of the room which held Danny. He walked rather than flew to Walker's office which gave him time to think over the things that happened before Danny ended up in the state that he was in.

"Plasmius".

Vlad paused and raised his head to look at the Ghosts that had formed in front of him without him knowing. Raising his black eyebrows in surprise and question, Vlad responded,

"Johnny, Kitty, Ember, Skulker, Spectra, and Youngblood? What do I owe this surprising visit?".

Vlad knew that the Ghosts before him had a grudge against his Little Badger and even though he, himself, had held such a grudge before now he wouldn't allow anyone , and he meant anyone Ghost, Human, or otherwise, to hurt Daniel.

Especially since he was in such a vulnerable state!

"Woah" Johnny 13 raised his hands in surrender even though Vlad had yet to do anything. "Chill out, Plasmius there's no need to bare your fangs at us".

Vlad was confused. What was the biker ghost talking about?, Bare my fangs? Oh.

Vlad realized that he had been glaring at them and his fangs had been on display so he closed his mouth and continued to raise his eyebrows.

"We heard about what happened to the Welp, Plasmius" Skulker put in to answer the question that none of them had yet to answer.

"And we want to help figure out why babypop ended up like that" Ember McLain added.

And you didn't.

Hung in the air since nobody wanted to say those words in fear of angering the Older Halfa.

"Why?" Vlad asked, bluntly.

"Cause we want to help Danny" Youngblood answered while throwing his hands up. The child-like Ghost who was known for having a variety of costumes ,which he gained certain powers from, lived up to his reputation. Today he was dressed up like a Knight without the helmet, but he had a sword strapped to his side. The armor clanked as he moved his arms back down to his sides. "We might have had our fights, but Danny is still one of us even though he's not fully a Ghost, and neither are you, but he's still a Ghost plus he helped me get away from the Guys In White so now that I have a chance to return the favor I'll do anything I can for him".

"I see" Vlad gave each of them a calculating look then nodded his head after a while. "And you all feel this way?".

"We might have not been on good terms with Danny" Spectra spoke up. "But we'll do anything we can in order to keep him from fading it just wouldn't be the same without him around".

Knowing that he had their support, Vlad drew himself up to his full height and start walking again, but this time, he had a small group of Ghosts following him.

"Alright" ,Vlad started giving orders out at once, "Since we don't know how much time Daniel has this is what needs to be done...".

After receiving their orders the group of Ghosts scattered throughout the Ghostzone to complete his or her task while Vlad continued his track to Walker's Office with a more calm mind.

Make haste, everyone. Vlad thought as he made it to the office and politely knocked. Daniel's life hangs in the balance.. We must not fail.

After a few seconds, Vlad was allowed into the room to discuss the diagnosis with Walker and his Doctors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well looks like Danny's former enemies are now the ones who are going to save him.

Or at least try to.

What was Vlad's orders?

What's wrong with Danny?

Can he be cured?

IS THERE A CURE?

IS HE GOING TO GO INTO A COMA?

HOW BAD IS HIS ILLNESS?

WHO WAS THAT KID?

WHAT DID HE WANT?

WHAT'S GOING ON INSIDE DANNY'S HEAD!?

WILL THE GHOST KIDS MAKE A APPEARANCE!?

AND WHERE IS CLOCKWORK AND WHY DIDN'T ANYONE NOTIFY HIM!?!

WHY ISN'T THE MASTER OF ALL TIME NOT PRESENT WHEN DANNY NEEDS HIM!?

HURRY CLOCKWORK!!

YOU MAY BE DANNY'S ONLY HOPE!!

Read, comment, vote, and all that good stuff.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more.

~Shadowpelt1028.