Chapter 1

Whispers echoed through the hallways of Norrisville High School, Bash Johnson had informed everyone that his cousin, Dream Maybor, had moved to Norrisville from Texas. Everyone had suspicions that she was mean and worse than Bash, they were terrified.

Randy closed his locker with a sigh, he was dreading the arrival of Bash's cousin, it would mean he would go through twice the torture. Howard had rolled his eyes at his friend's sigh.

"Dude, stop sighing!" He shouted, Randy had been in this defeated mood ever since he found out that Bash had a cousin.

"I can't," He began leaning on his locker, "She's probably the same as Bash, worse even." Howard rolled his eyes once again.

"What if she's not? What if she's actually nice?" He asked his taller friend, Randy shook his head in complete disagreement.

"Then she's a wolf in sheep clothing." He said, Howard made a confused look before turning to walk towards their first period. Once they walked they noticed a girl standing beside Mrs. Driscoll.

"Oh," Mrs. Driscoll had noticed them entering along with other behind them, "Everyone take a seat, we have a new student." Everyone stiffened knowing that it was Bash's cousin, the new girl hadn't turned around at all.

"It's her." Randy whispered taking a seat beside Howard, they way he whispered made it seem as though he was about to die from terror.

"You can introduce yourself now." Mrs. Driscoll said using the skeleton she always cruised around as a puppet, the girl turned around and smiled awkwardly. Dreamy blue eyes glance at every person in the room before settling on a ticking clock at the back of he room.

"Um, My name is Dream Maybor," She began placing a piece of golden brown hair behind her ear, "I moved here from Dallas, I'm fourteen, and I like to paint." She glanced at Mrs. Driscoll who smiled at her before motioning for the whole class to get up.

"Since there is a new student, seats will be changed!" The whole class groaned standing up, some glanced at Dream who would just smile in return. She had struck up a conversation with Howard, her smile almost made everyone melt convincing most that she wasn't that bad, "And Dream will sit next to Randy." Randy was the only one who didn't believe in the smile she had, sitting down beside her she smiled only for him to turn away.

The gym was packed with the many students, a pep rally was taking place for football season. Bash of course was the center of attention, Randy suspected that Dream was a cheerleader but that was quickly debunked when she walked in beside Theresa decked out in the baton twirling team uniform.

"Is everyone ready for football season!" Principal Slimovitz shouted into the microphone, many students covered their ears in pain shaking their heads at the childish adult. Music started as everyone watched the cheerleaders perform a dance and cartwheel away while the baton twirlers made an entrance. Randy watched as one of the cheerleaders hit Dreams arm causing her to drop her baton, she of course told the sputtering girl that it wasn't a big deal before turning to continue the routine.

"She doesn't seem that bad." Howard turned to Randy as he pointed to the blue eyed girl, Randy shook his head.

"No, she's faking for an image," He began watching Dream who fumbled around with her baton for a few moments, "She's gotta be." Howard rolled his eyes for what seems to be the fifth time that day.

"Stop being so paranoid, she's super nice," He argued, "I talked to her in class and she's pretty sweet, like candy."