Chapter 23

Theresa didn't really like Randy, she did sort of think he was cute but that was before his outburst on Dream.

"Randy," She called him out at the end of the day, Randy stopped in his tracks recognizing the voice, "Wanna hang out after school?" She asked, Randy was expecting a thump or a skip from his heart but it didn't come.

"Uh, yeah, sure!" He was excited but he felt sort of empty, if they had gone out a few weeks before he would've gone crazy. He eventually brushed it off as his heart getting used to it.

"Look at that, Dream, you've done good work." Howard was in a nearby bush, Dream crouched beside him as he spied on the two purple haired teens.

"Thanks." Howard turned to her, Dream aimlessly stared into emptiness before sighing.

"What's up?" He asked, she shook her head before standing and completely blowing their cover.

"I'm gonna head home, see ya," Randy and Theresa had seen them, Dream looked at them briefly before turning to walk home, "They look perfect together." She mumbled.

Shutting the door behind her, Dream buried her face into her hands. What was wrong with her? Why had she been feeling this way? She didn't know the answers but her tears were still falling. Climbing into her bed she didn't bother taking off her clothes, as she hugged a pillow. An hour or two passed when a knocking at her window sent her flying from her position, she walked the her balcony and saw the ninja standing there.

"Yes?" It was an awkward situation for the ninja, she looked beautiful. Her eyes were slightly glazed and puffy, her hair had been in a ponytail but now if was loose and all over the place. The ninja snapped out of his trance.

"Um, I just wanted to say," He argued with himself about if this was a good idea or not, "That Randy says thank you." Dream felt a warm feeling at the mention of his name, she turned away abruptly before turning back.

"Is that all you want to say?" She asked, whenever she saw the ninja the same feelings she had before didn't come back, it was weird but she was okay with it. The ninja couldn't understand it, the feelings he had were weird and different.

"Yup, good night." He bowed before hoping away from the balcony, Dream watched and waved with a smile.

"Bye!" She shouted back, turning she fell swiftly onto her bed with a happy sigh, "You're welcome, Randy."