Chapter 8

The ninja held the girl in his arms tightly feeling the pit of guilt grow deeper. Every morning, every morning he would stand right within her view with the sharpie he always wrote on her locker with. He felt bad, horrible even, this girl had never done anything wrong to him but due to an assumption he himself made, he believed she was anything but a nice person.

Dream didn't know if the ninja was begin weird or in there was something bothering him, but she didn't want to ask. She didn't feel it was her place to get into her saviors business, she could still feel that her face was warm probably from embarrassment she did just spill her guts to the person who was helping her home. With any luck hopefully her brother and mother weren't there yet.

"Do you need help getting into your room?" The ninja asked, Dream didn't want to make him go such lengths and instead tried to stand up. She didn't put weight onto the foot and shook her head at the ninja.

"It's alright, I'll be fine," She responded, he flashed her sad eyes before jumping up onto her roof. She limped into her house and up her stairs before gushing onto her bed, "He saved me, and I talked to him!" She was hyperventilating and tried to calm herself down but it failed.

"Yo, Dream?" She sat up on her bed acting normal as her brother opened her door, "Do you want some soup?" He asked, she nodded pretending to connect her game station. Chase left with an eyebrow raised before closing the door, Dream couldn't help it.

"The boy I've admired from afar, he saved me." It was like a fairytale to her, a knight saving a princess, what more could she ask for? But she knew, this was only a one time thing. She knew, that he saves everybody. She's special, she's no different from the rest the school.

A knock broke her thoughts, she looked at her window to see the ninja standing upon the balcony. She instantly jumped out of bed and walked out onto the balcony.

"Hey." The ninja greeted, the air was awkward as Dream moved a piece of hair behind her ear and replied with a small.

"Hi."