Chapter 6

Dream sighed as she stood at the front of the school doors, word had got around that she was a wimp and nothing like Bash causing everyone to take advantage of her. Dream wouldn't dare stand up to anyone, she didn't believe in violence, her cousin would've beaten everyone if she dared to tell anyone.

"Are you gonna go in?" She was snapped out of her thoughts turning to see Theresa. As a few weeks passed the two had become good friends due to their baton twirling. Dream nodded slightly relieved that her friend was by her side.

"Yeah, let's go." Dream looked down not meeting anyone in the eye, she stopped when she saw a pair of feet in front of her, she looked up to see one of the band kids. He had brown hair and brown eyes, he was slightly more attractive than all the other band members, he was shaking as he held out a letter towards her, everyone was watching.

"Dream, I-I like you, please go out with me?" She gulped, everyone was watching, eyes were staring right at her. It felt like she was back at her old school, the same embarrassing feeling, and the horrible pit of sadness that could never be filled. She clenched looking the boy in the eyes before gaining the courage to form words.

"I'm sorry," She replied shakily, "I can't." The boy clenched the paper causing it to wrinkle horrible, his lip quivered and his eyes watered. He swiftly turned before Dream could continue, she didn't want him to feel bad, she actually wanted to chase him but Theresa grabbed her arm.

"Dream, he'll be fine." She began, Dream glanced around the hall as everyone whispered. She reached her locker to see sharpie swivels all over, she sighed and rubbed it off with the sleeve of her hood. Randy's locker was beside hers, every morning she would see the marker in his hand, but she wouldn't say anything. Her books were always crammed in due to how many extra classes she takes for extra credits, Howard would arrive after she was done but she wouldn't dare talk to him as Randy was there as well.

"Everyone run!" Somebody screamed, Dream had been walking to her class when all the doors opened as everyone ran out. She landed on her back feeling her ankle twist, she rubbed her head trying to stand but falling again. Then a shadow covered her, slowly she looked up to see a stanked student. She had never been caught up in an attack until now and she was terrified, she tried to get and run only to feel the pain of her ankle and falling face down.

"Ow," She froze as a hand picked her up, it brought her up to his eye level and she recognized him as the boy for earlier, "I'm sorry," She began while her eyes welled up, "I didn't mean to hurt you," She continued small sobs as the monster kept listening and destroying the school wall, "I know how it feels, I wanted to help you but I couldn't, I'm sorry."