Chapter 24

Randy paced around his room, his thoughts were clouded with images of Dream. He was so blind, how could he not have realized how much he liked her. Randy's date with Theresa was uneventful, but the moment he saw Dream during said date he felt his heart race. He was confused, since when did he like this girl? And how would she ever come to like him when all he's done is hurt her? With a small groan he buried his head into his hands.

"What is wrong with me?" He asked himself, the ninja nomicon began to glow and he picked it up quickly opened it. He yelled as he hit the ground of the book hard, "Ow," He yelped in pain before looking around, "What is it Nomi?" He asked, words etched out.

"Be careful of what you say and when you say it." And just like that, Randy was sucked out of the book.

"What?" He questioned, the book kept shut completely and no matter how much he tried to force it open it didn't work. He sighed giving up and throwing himself onto his bed.

"Randy!" He lifted his head quickly hitting it against the ceiling, he groaned rubbing his head falling back onto his pillow, "Get up, you're gonna be late!" He recognized this voice as his mom as he stood up slower.

"Coming mom!" He called back, he sighed jumping down from his bed and getting ready. Questions about his feelings were flooding his minds, he knew he liked her but for how long has he liked her? He can't tell.

"Hey, Randy!" He had exited his house and turned to her left and saw Dream coming out of her home, he chest tightened as he waved at her.

"You seem chipper." He nudged her with his arm, her face went red but she turned away with a laugh.

"It's nothing, it's just that the ninja visited and-" His thoughts cut her out, how could he forget? She was in love with the ninja, she was helpless over him. Randy couldn't concentrate anymore, the walk to school went silent as he didn't answer anything. Dream felt a pit in her stomach before turning away and crossing her arms.

"Good, good," The sorcerer laughed, he watched the two with an evil smirk, "They're drifting apart, perfect." Dream walked away from Randy to a group of baton twirlers, she didn't know why he was acting that way and it worried her.

"Dream, are you okay?"