Chapter 12

Dream opened her house door and she carefully tiptoed up the stairs when a person cleared her throat.

"Hi, mother." She said nervously turning to the taller blonde woman standing below the stairs, her mother held a steady glare.

"Where were you?" She asked, Dream clenched the railing as she bite her lip.

"I was out with friends, that's all." She replied slowly bringing one foot up, her mother sighed looking at the floor.

"How many times must I tell you," She began, Dream began to mouth her words, "No friends, no staying out late, you have to study, study, study." She finished, Dream sighed nodding and turning around.

"I understand, mother," She replied opening her door and then closing it behind her, "I understand." She unpacked her things getting a start on her homework when she heard a knock on her balcony.

"It's kind of cold out here, mind opening the door?" Dream looked up happily with a smile as she jumped from her bed to the door and opened it.

"Hey," She said to him as she opened the door, he smiled to her under his mask. Dream could tell that he was smiling, the ninja had always made these eyes that just lite up when he smiled, "So, What's up?" She asked him.

"Well," He began rubbing the back of his head, "I heard that you hated Randy Cunningham, is that true?" Dream's eyes widened.

"You heard that?" She asked, the ninja nodded.

"I over heard you saying it to Howard." Dream instantly began to think of those who were around during this moment but he mind was jumbled.

"Well, I do hate him," She replied looking at her hands, "Why do you ask?"

"Because, I know Randy," He confessed, she tilted her head, "And I know he likes
Theresa, your friend." He continued.

"Okay." She answered waiting for him to continue, he awkwardly sat on her rug.

"Did you say anything to her about Randy?" He asked, Dream sighed shaking her head.

"No," The ninja made a questioning look that seemed to ask for reasoning, "I hate him, but I don't hate him enough to hurt him." She finished with a smile, the ninja nodded walking to the balcony doors.

"Well, see you tomorrow," He began jumping onto the balcony edge, "By the way are you going to finish that homework?" Dream froze turning to the pile and glancing at the clock, it was almost ten thirty.

"Nothing I can't handle."