Chapter 16

Dream rubbed her arm awkwardly, Randy was putting books into his locker looking tired. She took a deep breath before approaching her locker beside him.

"G-good morning, Randy." She greeted, he turned to her with a confused look which she ignored continuing to sort her books.

"Um, good morning," He replied awkwardly. She took a deep sigh turning away and slamming her locker shut, "Wait." She stopped and turned to him.

"Yes?" She asked quietly, students were flooding in and out of the hallways leaving it noisy and crowded.

"Why are you talking to me?" He asked, she looked at the ground awkwardly, "I mean, you hate me don't you, so why?"

"The ninja told me to," She answered suddenly everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to the two, "He told me that you don't really hate me, he's my trusted friend and I believe him." There was a chuckle behind her.

"A loser like you, friends with the ninja?" Dream sighed holding her head, Amanda and her pose surrounded her, "Seriously, don't lie about being friends with him, it's pathetic." Dream looked down at the floor.

"I'm not lying." She said, Amanda raised an eyebrow.

"That what liars say." She replied, Dream felt trapped as the sinking feel that had appeared for the past few days worsened. She looked to Randy with pleading eyes, he stared back before giving a brief nod and running off.

"Oh, your friend ran off." One of the girls said, Dream glanced at her waiting for the worst to come when a scarf was wrapped around her neck.

"Excuse me, but could you not harass my friend." Everyone gasped to see the ninja standing behind Dream, she turned to him with a smile.

"Thank you." He smiled under his face before shaking his head.

"You should thank, Randy, he called me here." Dream made a surprised face, that was why he ran away to prove her right. The ninja put a hand on her shoulder.

"Keep the scarf, it looks nice on you." Dream felt her face heating up as the ninja smoke bombed away, she sighed dreamily.

"Hey, loser," She looked over her shoulder to see Amanda staring her down, "He won't always be there to protect you, and then that's when we come in." Dream glared at her before walking past her quickly.

"Dream," She looked forward to see Randy breathing heavily with his hands on his knees, "Did the ninja come? I called him." She looked him in the eyes before smiling.

"Thank you."