Chapter 13

Dream felt a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach, she stood before school the bottomless pit in her stomach seemed to devour her whole. She hadn't finished her homework and the thought of going into school without anything done made her feel horrible, she felt a hand fall onto her shoulder.

"You okay?" She turned to meet the blue eyes of Randy Cunningham, she instantly became slightly relieved for some unknown reason. She jerked back a bit confused at the niceness the boy who had hated her was giving her, it was strange to say the least.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Randy searched her face, but found nothing. Sure, they had been together a lot while he was the ninja but he still couldn't read her at all. They stood there awkwardly staring at each other before Howard appeared in their view, he glanced between the two.

"What are you two doing?" He asked, he kept a steady look at Randy as he knew the  feelings that Dream had towards his best friend. They both turned to him with shocked looks before snapping out of their trance, Dream took off running scared she wouldn't get to class in time. Howard turned to Randy, "What did you do?"

"She looked weird, I just asked her if she was okay." He defended himself, Howard nodded looking after the running figure of his friend. Dream quickly ran to her locker almost colliding into it head on, she opened it when a pack of students came flooding in.

"Well, look at what we have here." Dream froze with a sigh, Amanda Reed, she was the only person who would bother batting an eye at her. She glared at Dream with beady green eyes, her eyes seemed to drown out the lively blue in Dream's eyes, she looked for any opening but there was none.

"Amanda, I really don't have time for this." She pleaded, Bash wasn't around to protect her due to a suspension so she was on her own. Amanda laughed snapping her badly bitten fingers as three other girls appeared around the two. The hallways were empty as the bell rang, Amanda smiled running her hand into her blonde hair.

"Get her!" She yelled, the three grabbed her arms causing her books to fall to the ground, Dream gave a frightened look as they stuffed her into a storage closet.

"Let me out!" She called out, Amanda snickered walking away from the closet with her friends. Dream pounded at the door before giving up, she glanced around the room and sighed, "Guess, I'm stuck here." She sat still her back to the door as the seconds ticked on.

"Who's books are these?" Randy asked himself, he looked at the closet beside the books before trying to open it. The door swung open and Dream landed on her back, she looked at Randy from the floor the feeling of calmness coming back.

"Hi?"