Chapter 29

A full complete month has passed, the ninja had stopped visiting Dream making her feel useless in the situation she's in. Randy had stopped visiting her as the ninja because he didn't want Howard to further accuse him, he didn't like the feeling of being not able to talk to her as it didn't sit well with him.

That morning, the two exited their houses. Dream looked towards him with a bright smile, he turned away quickly with no response, she felt her smile faltered as she walked to school a few feet away from him. She eventually sped up when she saw Julien nearby.

"Hey, Dream." He greeted, she smiled at him before giving him a high five and fist bump. Randy watched the two before walking past them, Dream noticed his painful look but before she could say anything to him Theresa swooped in.

"Are you okay, Randy?" How could she forget? She begged her friend to give him a chance and she did, she did these things as a favor to the ninja but how could she let herself fall in love with him? She sunk to the floor, Julien expressed his worry as he called her name repeatedly. She squatted there with small tears pricking her eyes, Howard saw her and felt some sort of anger inside him, he didn't care anymore he was going to confront Randy.

Science class hasn't been the same, Dream awkwardly sits at her seat near the window staring out the window, she frequently played with her necklace and sometimes bit the chain to ease her nerves. She loved the necklace but always felt unworthy of it at times, mostly whenever she saw Randy with Theresa. The rest of her classes were a drag through her day.

The sorcerer laughed, it was nearly perfect.

"Mcfist, get the robot ready!" He yelled, "It's almost time."

Dream walked through the lunch room, she was about to begin eating when she noticed Howard pushing Randy out of the lunch room. She stood up giving an excuse before following the two, she knew it wasn't right to spy but she wanted to know what was going on.

"So when are you going to tell her?" She heard Howard ask in a hushed tone, the sorcerer could barely hear them but brushed the information away waiting.

"Tell her what?" Randy responded in a bit of a louder voice, Howard was fuming.

"That you're the ninja." Dream's eyes widened, she put a hand on her mouth to stop a gasp.

"I'm not going to tell her ever." Howard raised an eyebrow.

"Why? She's your friend isn't she?" He asked, he knew that Randy would try his best to convince him but no matter what he wouldn't let his guard down.

"She is, but then she would know that I was-" He was cut if Howard.

"Using her," Dream felt her world shatter, "Using her to get closer to Theresa." She peeking over the corner hoping that Randy would shake his head but instead he nodded.