TA 13

I walked inside the house. I knew Calvin was home because I saw his car in the driveway. I found him in the living room, drinking beer. If he spent a day without drinking, he would surely end up in a hospital. He rarely got drunk, but he drank a lot.

"Hey", I said as I sat down.

"Hey, you are from the hospital?" he asked as he scrolled through the TV channels.

"Yes", I said curtly.

"How is he?" he asked.

I sighed. "He is awake".

Calvin smiled, and then his smile disappeared swiftly, replaced by a frown. "You don't seem happy about it".

"I am, it's just that...he doesn't remember me", I said sadly.

"He has amnesia?" Calvin asked, looking shocked.

"It looks like it".

"Is it permanent?"

"I don't know", I said sharply. I was getting annoyed. I didn't need a reminder that it could be permanent. "The doctor said he was doing some tests", I said adopting a milder tone.

Calvin's phone rang and he answered.

"Yeah, I'm on my way", he said into the phone microphone and hung up.

He looked at me with a serious expression. "We are having the annual Montech celebration party tonight. You can be my plus one", he said.

I chuckled. "No way, I don't feel like hanging out with your IT technician geek friends", I said.

"Going out will do you good Cass. You cannot spend time alone, and they are not geeks...well, Adam is", he said.

"Calvin, I don't mind being alone", I said.

"You want to spend the entire night thinking about Riley?" he asked.

"No...I...It's a school night", I said.

"Oh, you don't mind sleeping at 11, chatting to Winston, but you mind going out and coming back at 11?" he asked.

My mouth opened slowly. I had told myself I would not listen to his arguments. That was until he mentioned Winston. How did he know about Winston?

"How do you know about Winston?" I asked.

"I am an IT technician, hacking into computers is part of my job description. Yours was very easy to hack into, by the way".

I picked up a cushion and hit him square on the jaw.

"How could you?" I asked.

"Dad asked me to keep an eye on you, that's what I'm doing. You don't know what creep is sitting behind a computer and pretending to be a sweet-talking teenager".

"So dad asked you to hack into my computer?" I asked.

"Well...not necessarily", he said.

"Just go to your damn party and leave me alone", I said angrily and stormed off.

I could not believe Calvin hacked into my computer. What privacy did I have? He had even read my diary, no doubt. He probably stalked me now.

I went up the stairs, entered my room, closed the door and locked it. I went straight to my computer and logged on to Chatbuddy. Winston was online.

"Hi", I started.

"Hi Cass", he replied. "How are you?"

"I'm okay, you?"