TA 26

Riley's POV

I hated the way he was looking at me. It was as if he was trying to find something that would give me away. So, he suspected it was me. Very well, they would never prove it. I found it funny that Matt had claimed he had not seen his assailant when he had seen me very well. Why was he protecting me? I did not need protection. I was powerful beyond his imagination. The beating was nothing. He had yet to see my powers. He had yet to feel real pain.

I smirked as I pulled out a bottle of water from the fridge and gulped. I threw it in the dustbin and walked back to the living area.

It really was unsettling having Casey sitting there and looking all gorgeous. Just seeing him made my blood boil. Matt was really going to pay, no doubt about it. No one was going to mess around with my Casey. I chuckled at my possessiveness. When had he gotten to be mine? What right did I have?

He gazed at my leg. I took a deep breath, waiting for the question. It came, well, sort of.

"You are limping", he said.

"I know. This is the reason I cannot come to school", I said.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I must have sprained my ankle or something. The doctor said it was too early for me to be walking around but I ignored him. This is the result", I said, smiling a bit at the end, as I sat on the arm of his couch.

"I cannot imagine your mom happy about that", she said.

"Not in the least", I said. I hadn't seen mom since I threatened to hurt her.

He stood up. "I have to go".

I stood up and moved closer to him. He backed away slowly. I moved my hand to his face and caressed his cheek. My mind screamed that I should let him go, but I ignored the screams.

"You have barely been here 30 minutes," I whispered.

He backed away again. "I...I just...I have to go Riley. You are with Mandy, and I...I", he choked on his words. I saw the uncertainty in his eyes. He was trying to hide from me, but not using his usual means. He was vulnerable.

I closed the distance he was busy creating. My hand went to his neck. It was so delicate. My fingers made a journey back and forth his neck and jaw. He tensed. I could feel the tension radiating from his body although our bodies weren't touching. I looked into his eyes, while sneaking my hand around his waist. I brought him against me roughly, jerking some passion into his eyes. When I had him against me, the screams disappeared entirely. His chest was caressing my chest and I could feel his nipples already hardening through his sweatshirt.

"Don't do this", he whispered.

"Tell me to stop", I said.

Maybe I didn't give him enough time to resist, I don't know. A second felt like enough to me. When his eyes didn't say no, when he didn't move an inch, my lips moved down to his, cupping his lower lip between them.

I dragged slowly and looked into his eyes.

What the hell was I doing?

I didn't get to attempt to answer my question, Casey's lips closed around my upper lip. We kissed leisurely, fulfilling a desire neither of us had said aloud. The kiss was slow and soft, gentle. Our lips were in perfect sync.

Casey's mouth tasted better than it had the other day, and it was more enthralling. The kiss sent shivers down my spine and yet it was warm and serene. I could feel Casey relaxing against me as my finger trailed ever slowly on his waist. I could feel myself relaxing, basking in the moment.