TA 22

Riley's POV

Mom wasn't home when I got there, which allowed me to sleep in peace. I needed to rest before I made the all important phone call to someone I hoped would be helpful. I needed to prepare myself for whatever I was delving into.

I ended up sleeping through to the next day. Mom didn't wake me up for dinner. After what had happened, I couldn't blame her.

I managed to make myself presentable before I made the call to the number I had hastily scribbled down in Casey's dad's office.

"Harry Cornwall", was the answer.

"Mr. Cornwall, you're speaking to Riley Linley. I'm a friend of your daughter".

"Amanda?" he asked.

"Yes", I said.

He seemed momentarily stunned. "How can I help? Is it my daughter? Is she okay?"

"On the contrary, I'm the one who needs your help", I said.

"What sort of help?" he asked anxiously.

"I would rather we talk about this face to face. I am in Aqua Town, someone told me you were here just yesterday. I'm really hoping you are still here", I said.

"I'm sorry Mr. Linley, but I am a very busy man", he said.

He was going to hang up, I knew. I decided to give him something to think about.

"Lands of Azuria – the book you wrote, it's about me. I am the Luca in the book. Lara is my mom", I said quickly.

There was some silence.

"How do you know about the book? How did you read it? It's not possible!" he said.

"Your daughter saved a copy. Look, we need to talk. I am the Awakener and I am not sure I want to wake up a bunch of monsters", I said.

"Is this some kind of a joke?" his tone was accusatory.

"Mr. Cornwall, I really don't have time to joke. You do remember my mom, don't you? Her name was Margaret", I said.

There was silence again.

"Mr. Cornwall?" I said.

"How do you know Margaret?" he asked.

"She told my mom – the woman who took care of me at the orphanage – her name", I said.

"Okay, let's meet at the Aqua St Claire Park at 1 o'clock. Don't be late", he said.

"I'm ready to meet now", I said.

"I'm unfortunately busy at the moment", he said.

"Okay", I groaned.

"How will you know me?" he asked.

"Don't worry, I'll know you", I said.

The line went dead before I could say anything else. I could tell he was having some doubts.

1 o'clock could not arrive any slower than it did. I left early at home and got to the park earlier than the time we'd agreed on. When I arrived, I looked around. On a bench was a man who looked around his late forties. It was Harry Cornwall. I had seen him before on the internet. I was surprised he was already there. I went over to him.

"Riley Linley?" he enquired.

"Yes", I said quietly.

I took a seat. He looked at every single move I made with a hawk's eye. His gaze was uncomfortable.