TA 19

Casey's POV

I jumped at the chance of seeing Riley again. Ever since I knew he'd gotten his memory back, I was excited about spending time with him. I'd missed him a lot over the past month. Sure I wanted more than his friendship, but our friendship meant a lot more than the stupid feelings I'd developed. I wouldn't let my jealousy over his relationship ruin that.

I wanted to sulk. Oh trust me, I wanted to sulk that he'd chosen her while I was right there, but nothing good was going to come out of that. The best thing for me was to not ruin what we had...and woo him gently.

I laughed.

I actually laughed at my last thought as I walked towards the town park. I was not in the department of wooing people, I wasn't good at it. I'd never really tried, but I figured I'd be terrible. I wasn't the hottest guy to have ever walked the earth. I wasn't the best talker. I didn't have assets to show off.

I wasn't even sure of Riley's sexuality. He could be straight for all I knew. I was at least certain he liked girls. He had a girlfriend. I'd walked in on them as they were about to kiss.

I spotted Riley sitting on one of the benches as I entered the park. I walked over to him, sat on the bench and enveloped him in a squeezing hug, rocking him sideways.

"Hi Mr. Adonis", I said when he disentangled himself from me with a "sheesh".

"Adonis?" he asked with a raised brow.

"Yes! You have a girlfriend, a hot one at that! You have got to be Adonis", I said.

What the hell was I doing?

"I'll have you know I have a great personality", he said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes.

"So, how did you get your super uptight mom to let you out? She chased me away the other day".

"Can we not talk about mom or Mandy?" he asked. He seemed annoyed.

"Um, sure. What do you want to talk about?"

"I want to feel the wind in my hair", he said. "Let's go do something crazy".

Those words were the recipe for disaster, or the recipe for a really wonderful evening. I should have told Riley to go home and rest, but he just looked so handsome with his begging eyes and I...I fell again.

"Well, I don't have a motorbike, but I have a bicycle. It's still in pretty good shape", I said.

"This is why I love you so much", he said happily.

"Because I let you be reckless?"

He shook his head. "Because you know when I really need you".

My breath got caught in my throat. I smiled. How could I not fall for him when he said those kinds of words?

"And don't you dare say you let me be reckless, you are more uptight than my mom".

I glared at him as we stood up.

We didn't spend a lot of time at my house. I had initially just thought only Riley would be riding, but he coerced me into riding with him. He took Calvin's bike and I took mine. The bicycles were in no shape and form cycling bikes, considering that we'd gotten them when I was 14. They were big enough for the older-us though.

We set out on the road, with no idea where we were going. It wasn't the destination that mattered, it was the ride.

It felt amazing riding with Riley. We rode slowly at first, which I knew wasn't ideal for him. He loved speed and when he couldn't take it anymore, he picked up speed. He just looked so alive, even though riding a bicycle was a lot more physically-demanding than riding a motorbike.