TA 40

Chapter 27

Mandy's POV

I placed both hands around the mug of coffee that had just been delivered to my room. I could feel the heat leaving the mug and entering my soft hands, making them warm, amidst the cold in the room. There were thunderstorms outside, wrecking havoc. The storms had been going on for four days. I hadn't seen the sun for four days. I hadn't been outside for four days. It was irritating. I loved being outdoor, not caged in my room like a prisoner.

I was nothing like a prisoner. I was more like a princess. Everyone worshipped me, servants bowed down to me. To think not so long ago they had considered me nothing but "that girl". Things had changed suddenly with the arrival of great news. Riley had been wrong. Not leaving with him was the best choice I had ever made. A week ago my life had changed for the better. A week ago after bouts of nausea the doctor had confirmed that I was pregnant. I had an Awakener growing inside of me. I was no longer "that girl", I was "mam".

I took a sip of my coffee while my hand travelled to my belly. A couple more months and the Awakener would be born. It felt so good being so important. It felt good being able to order people around, no questions asked.

There was a knock on the door.

I rolled my eyes. Who dares disturb my peace?

"Come in if you may", I shouted.

A maid walked in carrying a basket.

"I brought more fresh muffins mam, in case you need some more", she said.

"...How thoughtful of you. Put them on the table", I said smiling. "I am eating for two after all".

====THE END===