Chapter 11 Part 1

So the photo above is how I pictured Gavril and if you are obsessed with another fandom like I am you will know exactly who the person above is but I'll just let you guys tell me in the comments ;). 

The next three days flew by in a rush of etiquette class and gossip of the dates that the Prince has had and it was finally Friday.

Today was the Report and I couldn't be more nervous. All morning all I could think of was messing up in front of millions of people.

I was currently in Silvia's torture class, practicing with the twenty-two other selected how we would look walk onto the stage and take our seats.

"Chin's up! Smile, I need to see your pearly whites! Jasmine, don't make me put Vaseline in your teeth!" Silvia yelled out order after order, and by now I could tell that everyone hated this just as much as I do. "The cameras may not be on when you walk onstage but people will still be watching you so you must look perfect!"

I gave another mental groan and gave a scowl, quickly pasting on a fake smile when Silvia whirled her head in my direction. It had been almost as if she had heard me. What did I ever do to deserve this?

We walked in a perfectly straight line, sat down on our practice stools -the smiles never leaving our faces . None of us were in the mood of hearing Silvia yell at us again so we obeyed every order she gave us. 

"There's the beautiful future Queens that Illéa wants to see!" She gave a small squeal and clapped her hands together in excitement. "I think that's all for today, but remember that you will be interviewed tonight. You will make sure to keep your posture, and be polite! You are the role models of all of Illéa! You are dismissed."

As soon as she left I went into a slouch and started massaging my cheeks. I don't think that I'll be able to smile ever again but it looks like I have no choice.

"That was awful! How on earth does she expect us to have enough energy to ever smile again! She has taken the joy out of life!" Scarlett ranted as I made my way over to her and Annabelle.

I nodded my head frantically in agreement while Annabelle gave a loud sigh, but I noticed that her eyes looked kinda distant. I'll have to ask her about that later.

For the rest of the afternoon we didn't do very much, just waiting for dinner so afterward we could get ready for the Report.

Once we were finally in the dining room having dinner the room remained almost eerily silent, no one quite in the mood for small talk. A huge weight of anxious tension filling the atmosphere. I even noticed Scarlett's leg start to shake in anxiety and worry for what was to happen tonight.

I had just taken my last bite of my delicious steak when Silvia burst through the dining room doors, beaming.

"Ok ladies! Now's the time for you to get ready for your television appearances! You must be in the studio by eight thirty sharp! No exceptions." She gave us a stern look and happily skipped away, her smile extending almost to her ears.

The screeching of chairs was followed not long after she left as selected started rising from their seats. I took another quick swig of my juice, placed my napkin on the table, and got up as well.

I was able to make it to my room in around three minutes, the hallways and stairwells already familiar and put into muscle memory.

The doorway was empty, Danny having yet to arrive at his nightly post. I slowly opened the door, finding my maids each cleaning just as they had the day before.

The moment I stepped inside they simultaneously turned in my direction, brief looks of surprise then realization showing on their faces. They looked up at the wall clock and rushed over to me.