Chapter 11 Part 3

Ok so this is on the same night of the Report which is why it is titled Chapter 11 Part 3. Also I changed the character who was Prince Alexander so you can see it if you go to chapter 8, and above is Danny (Yet another celebrity crush).

I skipped over to the closet first and after tearing through a mountain of dresses I finally found a pair of jeans and a white blouse.

After making sure to lock the door behind me, I quickly threw off my torture devices, shimmied out of my dress, and put on the more comfortable clothing.

With a sigh, I grabbed the brush that was on the bathroom counter and lazily pulled my hair into a simple ponytail, the curls that had laced my hair now seeming damp and lifeless except for a few stray strands.

Once I was done with that and was pleased on how it came out I grabbed a pair of silver sandals from the closet, not wanting to put on heels.

I then went to the desk and gently pulled out my songbook, making sure to treat it almost as if it was my child.

Now sure that I had everything I needed, I turned off the light switch and yanked the door open.

The moment I took a step out into the hallway, Danny whirled around to face me, on high alert, and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, it's just you. Don't stay out too late, I don't want you getting in trouble," He warned as I went past him.

"I won't make any promises!" I called back, not even bothering to turn back to face him. Luckily he didn't say anything besides giving a loud sigh at my recklessness.

As quietly as I could I made my way through the dark and silent halls until I finally reached my destination.

With a small creaking sound the door opened, revealing the empty women's room. I couldn't help but give a sigh of relief now that I had the room entirely for myself.

I walked over to the grand piano that lay in the corner, lightly brushing my hand across its surface and keys, completely in awe of its beauty.

It was a bit dusty, almost as if it hadn't been played in a while, but it somehow still shined.

Placing my songbook onto the stand, I opened it to the page I had been working on since I had gotten here, desperately wanting to hear what it sounded like now that I could actually play it on the piano.

I lightly placed my index finger on middle C, the sound that came off it sounding crisp yet soft and steady. It made me feel amazing!

I pressed on the key again but this time I placed my foot on the pedal, making the note sustain and echo across the room, and I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

My excitement continuing to grow I gently hovered my fingers over the keys and began to play, letting the music take me to a different world.

(Song: Little Me - Little Mix Piano Version)

(The YouTube link for the song with lyrics is above and below is the first verse and chorus. Feel free to skip the lyrics if you want but I would recommend listening to the song to get a better feel of how it sounds.)

"She lives in the shadow of a lonely girl.

Voice so quiet you don't hear a word.

Always talking but she can't be heard.