Chapter 8

Hey, guys! The image above is pretty much how I pictured Gabriela to look like. For each chapter, I will be adding an image for a certain character so you can better visualize what's going on :). Thanks for reading and I hope you are liking it so far!

The room we had entered into, had to be at least as big as my entire house, almost seeming endless! There were curtains in the shape of a square, aligning the wall, each with a number.

"Name?" The lady that had gestured us inside, was holding a clipboard, a pen in her right hand.

"Gabriela Rodriguez," I stated warily, her strict appearance making me tense up.

"You are.....section 9." She slashed off something on her clipboard, and pointed me to the left side of the room, "Keep walking until you see the curtain with the number 9 on it."

I nodded, and started walking in that direction, looking back at Scarlett as she mouthed 'Good luck', and I gave her a small smile and a thumbs up.

It took a little while, but I finally reached station 9. I took yet another deep breath, pulled back the curtains, and walked in.

Standing there was a woman with long hair that was black in the top half but blue on the bottom half, also holding a clipboard. She had hazel eyes similar to Scarlett's, but after looking closer you could tell that she was wearing color contacts, and also had a small nose ring.

"Gabriela Rodriguez?" She had finally noticed that I had entered, and she gave me a smile, but you could tell that she did not want to be doing this.

I nodded my head cautiously, nervous on what exactly was going to happen. She set down her clipboard on the back counter of the station and gestured for me to sit in the chair that was connected to a sink.

I did as she asked, placed my backpack next to the chair, and the instant I sat down, she pushed my head back and turned on the water. At first, it was extremely cold making me give a small jump, but it quickly got warmer.

"So what do you want to do with your hair? Maybe dye it black? Add in some highlights? Cut it shoulder length? Put in some extensions? Maybe we could add some-" She was talking so fast I could barely keep up!

"Whoa! I do not want you doing anything too extreme with my hair. You will not dye, cut, or highlight it. Same thing with makeup. I want it simple." She seemed surprised that I had said that, and for a moment I saw her nostrils flare in anger.

"I'm sorry hon, but there is no way you're gonna want to stay like..... that." She moved her hand in a circular motion in front of my face, indicated that she meant everything about me. Wow, the people at the palace are pretty rude...

I sent her a look, and she pressed her lips together into a hard line, nodded her head in understanding, and started shampooing my hair. I could tell she was upset at me because she dug her nails into my scalp as hard as she could.

The entire makeover session lasted about an hour and once it was over, I had beautiful bouncy waves in my hair, and only small amounts of makeup, giving me a more natural look.

I muttered my thanks, earning a slight nod from her, picked up my bag, and exited my station, quite proud of how I looked. Once I stepped outside of my station, I was guided to a room that was filled from top to bottom with different dresses.

"You can pick one of these for today, the rest will be provided in your room. The shoes are in the right corner. You can change in the room that is on the other end." My mouth was hanging open, as I started examining the different dresses. I set down my bag with a thump, as the lady quickly left leaving me to find a dress that I liked.