Chapter 4: Fresh Prince of Belmont

You spun around and Simone dropped the lantern. The flame went out as cold smoke rose into the night and shattered glass littered the ground. Simone held you tightly.

So much for "don't touch me."

But you were frozen and too transfixed on the boy leaning against the pillar to give her any sarcasm right now.

He might as well have been a statue that was part of the pillar he leaned against, because he was so casual, with a face so serene, it couldn't have been real. His hooded silver eyes gazed at you through golden hair that rivaled Link's. But his face was youthful as Peter Pan's, with the same air of mischief.

But most telling of all was his black school uniform tailored to his athletic frame. Even in the darkness, you could see that the uniform was different from the day class students you saw earlier.

This was a night student.

"Well, aren't you going to say something?" He chastised.

"Who are you doing?" You stuttered. The phrase 'who are you' and 'what are you doing' got caught in your throat.

His intimidating smirk seamlessly transformed into an amused grin. The boy laughed.

And so did you. Probably with very red cheeks in front of this extremely cute boy, but you couldn't take it back now.

"My name is breaking rules and I am Belmont." He said with a dramatic bow, mixing his words up too. You were thankful he had a sense of humor.

"Who are you doing?" He asked, his smirk returning.

"They call me neglecting responsibility and I am y/n." You said, doing an exaggerated pirouette.

"I'm... I'm Simone." Your embarrassed roommate said with a slight wave.

"What are you doing outside the dormitory?" Simone asked shyly.

It was so out of character for her to be this subdued.

Belmont raised a playful eyebrow.

"I could ask you the same thing, Simone."

She looked positively charmed by the boy.

"We're looking for something," You said. "Actually, more like someone. You haven't seen Cadere around, have you?"

Belmont stopped relaxing and took a pace towards you. He walked with long strides, even though he wasn't much taller than you.

"Can't say I have," He said with a shrug. His silver eyes refused to leave yours. "He's probably looking for you."

A cruel smile lit up the boy's features as you took in his words with horror.

"Relax!" He said, playfully touching your shoulder. Suddenly, he froze, staring at you, as if he met some foreign realization.

"I was... just kidding." He finished softly.

"Are you okay?" You asked.

He looked from you, to Simone.

"You're in charge of the second years." He said matter of factly.

For a second you wondered if he was psychic or something, but then you saw Simone did have a small badge barely covered by her jacket that indicated her authority over second years.

Simone gaped at him with wide eyes.

"Isn't there something you're forgetting?" He said softly, his misty eyes drinking hers. "I'm positive there's somewhere you have to be."