Chapter 28: Arcadia's Secret

"Tell me who you are."

The eldest of the group sighed, his red eyes closed in careful deliberation. And then, he spoke.

"This school was never what it seemed, y/n."

"And we might not be the best to tell you how, or why things are the way they are." Lucian added.

"But you... you already know. You've known for a while now, haven't you?" Dimitri continued.

Y/n didn't say anything. She didn't have the chance as Roman's footsteps echoed through the open space. The boy strode over to the girl, carelessly tossing her a roll of gauze, which she caught clumsily in her hands, still holding the knife.

"Avery's back." He said.

The others exchanged glances.

"Does he have-" began Lucian.

"Avery didn't take it." Roman finished.

"Belmont, can you-"

"Yes." Bel answered. But his eyes were transfixed on y/n's wound.

Y/n's heartbeat quickened but Dimitri only gestured she follow to the next room.

"N-no, I'm not going anywhere with you until you tell me everything." The girl bravely said.

But Dimitri frowned in frustration and disregarded her demands coldly.

"If you don't come with me, you're going to be in a lot more trouble than this. Here- you can rinse off the blood yourself."

"He told you to go, Bel," Lucian said in a low voice.

"R-right."

The blonde stood quite still.

"Both of you can go." Dimitri said calmly, looking from Bel to Roman.

The redhead rolled his otherwise tense eyes, pulling Bel by the arm away from y/n.

Lucian and Dimitri stared at her frightened form.

"We'll tell you everything." Lucian assured her. "Please y/n..."

The girl lowered her weapon slightly, and began carefully walking into the next dimly lit room.

An antique table fit for a dozen sat idly in the centre, while a low hanging chandelier watched over the group from above. The ominous ticking of a grandfather clock gave off the feeling that this room, despite the many chairs and cupboards, was not used.

"The sink is right over there." Said Dimitri.

Y/n slowly made her way to the sink, turning the golden knobs and letting the cool water soothe the pain beginning to surge through her open wound.

Amidst the water, red began to flow into the basin like crimson paint.

"Lucian." Dimitri spoke.