Apologies And Awkward Situations

[A/N] Thank you everyone who has read my story. 100 reads and 20 votes! Couldn't be happier!

- Chloe

Sitting in Mr Phillips class was pure torture. Especially since he didn't let us talk to ther people or use our phones.

Luke didn't want to talk to me anyways. I pissed him off badly earlier. Then I arrived late to detention, so I have to stay an extra ten minutes.

Why was I even bothered that Luke was angry at me? I should be happy that he's leaving me alone, that's what I've wanted since yesterday.

But I was bothered. Luke has actually kind of grown on me, as much as I hate to admit it.

Mr Phillips looked at the clock on the wall then looked at Luke. "Mr Callaway, you can go now. Just don't make a habit of interrupting my class."

"Trust me, I won't." He said. I felt as if the words were directed towards me. He walked out of the classroom and disappeared down the hallway.

I mentally groaned. I wish I could have left at the same time as Luke. Then I could have talked to him about earlier.

He did have a point.

I was pretty much treating him like crap and all he was doing was frustrating me. As soon as Mr Phillips said I could go, I literally ran out of that classroom and made myself a mental note to never get detention again. It was boring as hell.

I made myself out to the front of the school. The school parking lot was empty from what I could see apart from the teacher's cars. Luke was probably long gone by now. Maybe I'll get to talk to him tomorrow.

"-are you and the guys coming to the open mic night next weekend? Luke? Are you alright?" I heard an guy's voice say.

"What, oh um... yeah, I'm fine. I've just got a lot of things on my mind right now. I'll ask the guys, I think we're going. Why?" I recognised that voice immediately as Luke's. His voice had me stop walking immediately.

"You just kept spacing out. Anyways, I better get going. I'll see you around mate." The other guy's voice said.

"Yeah. See ya."

I decided now would probably be the best time to leave before I got caught and ended up in an awkward situation. What was Luke doing in the parking lot? And who was that guy?

"I'd never have thought you as an eavesdropper." Luke's voice said from behind me.

I nearly jumped out of my skin. Whirling around, I came face to face with Luke. I didn't know what to say; Sorry for being stalker-ish and listening to your previous conversation. It wasn't my place to be eavesdropping on them in the first place. I should've just started walking home. But no. I just had to be prying.

"That's because I'm not." I shot at him, even though it's a total lie. Isn't he supposed to be mad at me? Why was he talking to me anyways?

Am I supposed to apologise to him?

"Oh really?" He cocked his eyebrow.

"Yes, really. Anyways, what are you still doing here?"

"I was waiting for you."

"Why would you be waiting for me?"

"Don't tell me you forgot this as well..." Luke mumbled to himself.

"Um..." I looked at him confused.

I saw Luke shift around uncomfortably. He scratched his neck. "You don't remember?" He asked me. I shook my head. "We still have to do that project for Food Tech."

"Right, sorry, I just seem to forget a lot of things."

"Come on," he said. "Let's go." He started to walk away.

"Are you coming?" He turned back to face me.

"Yeah." I said.

"My house isn't far from here." He said. "My motorbike broke down yesterday. We're going to have to walk." I nodded.

A silence fell upon us. It wasn't an awkward one, but it wasn't exactly that comfortable. We walked together for a little while before I decided to break it.

"Luke?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for treating you so badly." I apologised. I felt his gaze on me but I just focused on what was ahead.

I heard him take a deep breath before turning away. "I guess I'm sorry for annoying you."

Did I hear him right? Did Luke Callaway just apologise to me?

A small smile spread across my face.

"And that is the only time that I'm going to apologise to you," he said as soon as he saw me smile. "Never again will it happen."

"So, friends?" I asked him.

"Friends." he said a crooked smile gracing his lips.

I laughed a bit. I maybe be one of the few he's apologised to. It's okay if he doesn't say sorry for anything else. Hearing him apologise now was better than nothing.