The Party Scene

[A/N] Next chapter. I only really just remembered to post it. But hey, it's posted and written now. I might actually end up writing my other story Finders Keepers with a friend of mine on here, it won't be written till this and ILYCB have been. I'm also on quotev now so pm me if you have one too.

- Chloe <3

"Why did I even agree to this?" I muttered mostly to myself. It was Saturday night, Alex and Luke had begged me to go to this party with them. This was ridiculous, the party just happened to be at Oliver Henley's house. And the whole of the "popular" group was against us now. At least it just wasn't Luke and Alex I was going with. Zac, Hayley, Jordan and Sam were coming along too.

"You're fault for saying you wanted to come with us," Luke responded who must have overheard me.

I leaned back from the mirror, finally finished with my make up, and shot a glare at Luke whom was laying on my bed next to me.

"What?" he asked, a smile spreading across his face. He know too well why I said that and I wasn't going to bother spelling it out for him.

I let out a sigh, walking over to the bed and sitting down on it, my back pressed against his leg. Despite me being pretty much forced into this, I was extremely excited to go to a party tonight. I hadn't been to one yet this school year.

"Butterflies?" Luke asked, reading my mind. He sat up, his voice suddenly extremely close to mine.

"Yeah," I admitted, "but not the kind you're thinking of. Not from being nervous, but I'm excited."

A smile spread across his face. "Oh, yeah? Well, now I suppose we'll have to take you to lots more parties to come."

"To stop you from fights?" I teased, and Luke let out a chuckle.

"I'm surprised you were able to stop me, but I don't think you'd be able to stop Alex or Zac," he said, looking down once before glancing back up at me.

"And why is that?" I asked, leaning my back against him.

Luke didn't respond, he just continued to watch me. I found myself at a loss of words as I got lost in him, as corny as it sounded. It was hard to break away but it was a while until I noticed him leaning closer. My breath hitched in my throat and our noses brushed each other, and Luke whispered to me, "Because..." But his voice trailed off and I closed my eyes, feeling him push even closer.

As I was sure I was sure our lips were about to meet, the attic door bursted open and my eyes shot open. Luke nearly jumped so far upwards the bed bounced and I turned quickly to see Alex standing at the top of the stairs.

My face blushed and Luke cursed at Alex for scaring us, but a smile just spread across Alex's face. "I was going to say sorry we were late, but I see you guys didn't mind the extra time at all," Alex said, leaning against the wall.

That day I don't think I've ever seen Luke blush so much, but I let a hand fall over my mouth as I stifled a giggle from coming out. Tonight was going to be interesting.

***
I leaned on the front of Alex's car, one of my legs kicked up against it while the other one was standing on the ground. We had just gotten to the party house and were sitting outside it, apparently to go through the plans for tonight. Luke was sitting close beside me and I was very aware at how close our bodies were from touching. At the moment, the only thing I could think about was Luke and how we almost kissed. Did I really see myself with him? Of course he was always there for me and we fit well together, I wasn't sure if I was okay with his time-bomb-personality.

Half an hour later, I threw the door open in front of me, walking off to the side where I sat down on the house's porch swing. It wobbled at first but then steadied out. There was no one outside, literally. Not a soul in sight. There was only cars parked everywhere in front of me, but all the people must be inside. Enjoying the suck-y party. I sighed, leaning against one of my hands.

"Hey Freys, what are you doing out here?" I turned to face Luke who was standing in the doorway.

"I just needed to get away from that stupid group for like two seconds," I explained, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Yeah, same here, I don't even know why I wanted to come in the first place. Sorry I dragged you along with me."

"It's alright," I said to him. "Besides you weren't the only one." I was referring to Alex.

Luke watched me quietly at that, obviously thinking of something to say. But just as he opened his mouth to say something, the side door swung open and Luke shot up.

Zac and Hayley were seen first, dragging Alex out behind them by his arms as he was trying to pull back inside. One of Alex's eyes was looking red, and it was already swelling up. Whoever he was fighting with hit him good. "Let me finish him off," Alex yelled, and at that Luke ran over to him I ran after him, helping push him out and closing the door so Alex wouldn't run back in.

"We were here for literally half an hour, how did this happen?" Luke asked, throwing his hands into the air.

Alex shook out of Zac and Hayley's grip, locking eyes with Luke. "If you heard what they said you would've done the exact same thing," he spoke as if he were about to burst any moment.

Luke looked at Zac who nodded at him and Luke sighed and he looked over at me, almost apologetically before turning back to Alex. "What did they say?"

"It's Connor," Zac said, crunching his knuckles. "If it hadn't been Alex already knocking him out, I would've tore him apart myself for you."

"What did they say?" I asked, standing up and walking over.

Alex's eyes narrowed, but Zac looked a bit shocked that I was listening for some reason. Hayley, on the other hand, wouldn't look up at my eyes and Luke just shook his head. "Whatever it is, I don't think you want to know, Freya."

"But I have the-"

"If she wants to know, whatever, tell her, but we have to go," Zac finally spoke up. "As soon as they're done fixing Connor up they're going to come back out here to retaliate."

Zac and Hayley both turned away at the same time, walking back towards the direction I first saw them and reached forward, grabbing my arm and tugging me with them as I followed them.

"What? I don't want to go with you guys," I protested. "And what about Jordan and Sam? Won't they go after Sam too?"

"Trust me, you don't want to stay here either," Alex said, letting go of my arm and catching up to Zac and Hayley.

"Jordan and Sam will be fine." Hayley reassured me. "I called Jordan. The last I saw them was on the dance floor. Jordan told me that they'd both be meeting at the Zac's van."

"Come on," Luke encouraged, replacing Alex's grip and grabbing my arm to direct me towards where they must have parked their car. "This better be one hell of a story."

I heard Zac chuckle. "Trust me, it is."