The Phone Call

[A/N] Hi! I haven't updated in a few days! @EccentricAngels has asked for another chapter so here it is! I'm dedicating this to her. Hope you like it Shreya. Go follow her and make sure you read her stories!

- Chloe

I decided to call Luke that night. He gave me his number when he dropped me home this afternoon. I still couldn't get over how I felt when he gave me a hug that afternoon. I was freaking out. But it was only a friendly gesture, right? I was originally going to call Jordan or Hayley but I decided against it. I really wasn't in the mood to call them now.

I sighed and laid back on my bed. My thumb roamed the call button for Luke. I tapped the screen and closed my eyes sinking back into my pillows. I slowly held the speaker up to my ear.

"Luke..."

"Freya?" he answered.

"Yeah. That's me." I answered croakily.

"What's up?" he asked, he was silent for a moment.

I bit my lip. "I just wanted to... I don't know... talk, I guess."

"Are you feeling a little better now?"

I blew a piece of hair out of my face before answering. "Yeah, I suppose, a bit. I'm still feeling pretty cruddy though."

We were silent for a moment after that.

"Are you free on Sunday?" he asked me.

"Yeah." I found myself smiling.

"Did you want to meet up at the park then?"

"Sure. What do you have planned?"

"You'll find out when you get there."

"Hey Luke?" I asked him.

"Uh huh?"

"Thanks, you know for being a friend and making me feel better and all." And I meant it.

"No problems. So'll I see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Definitely."

"Goodnight Freya."

"'Night Luke." The call ended with that. I hugged my phone to my chest and fell straight asleep.

***

I woke up on Sunday morning to the sound of a car honking outside. I glanced over the clock on my bedside table. Ten o'clock already? It must be Luke. I rushed to the door still half asleep and in my pyjamas.

"Freya?" I heard him say as I opened the door.

"Yeah, that's me. Come on in."

Luke stepped inside and he glanced down at my pyjamas. "I'm guessing that you've only just woken up?"

"Yeah. I just lost track of time." I smiled sheepishly, looking down at my blue tank top and purple and blue plaid pyjama pants.

Luke laughed. I took in his appearance. He looked... different. He was wearing a dark blue plaid t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up at his elbows. Underneath he was wearing an old Blink-182 t-shirt. He was also wearing dark faded jeans and converse. His messy blonde hair was the same as always.

"Right." He said as he shook his head.

"What?" I asked as I lead him towards the kitchen.

"Never mind." he said as we walked into the kitchen. "Nice house."

"Thanks." I grabbed a frying pan out of one of the cupboards and placed it on the stove top.

"Are you hungry?" I asked him. "I'm just about to make breakfast."

"Yeah. I haven't eaten yet. I forgot."

"Do you like pancakes?" I asked grabbing out a few ingredients and sitting them on the counter.

"You have no idea." He said with a grin.

Luke ended up helping me make the pancakes. He also made a blueberry coolie to go on top.

"Are you gonna tell me what we're doing today?" I asked pouring some of the coolie on my pancakes as we sat down at the dining table.

Luke finished some more of his pancake. "Nope. Like I said last night, you'll find out when we get there."

"Damn. I was really hoping you'd tell me."

"It's a surprise though. I can't tell you because otherwise it won't be one anymore. Where's the rest of your family at the moment?"

"Well, my mum and my sister Ellie are out shopping. Dad's gone with Lachie, my brother to see if they can get Lachie's car fixed. He crashed it on Sunday. And then Nate, my other brother is probably out surfing." I answered as Luke nodded. "What about your family?"

"Mum's at home with Charlie and Will. Josh's probably at band practice. I don't know where Kyle is though."