That Guitar And You Are Soulmates

[A/N] Sorry to break it to you everyone but this book has about 10 chapters left. But don't worry, the next book will be out soon! And so will the first chapter of Playing With Fire, keep an eye out. This chapter's gonna have a surprise!

- Chloe

"You're getting a job?" I couldn't help myself, I began laughing and leaned into Jordan for support. We were all sat at a lunch table in the school cafeteria having lunch and all of us had already made it there.

"Shut up," Luke growled, looking down at the table, obviously embarrassed my reaction.

"I'm sorry," I sputtered, regaining my composure. "I just can't imagine you in an actual job."

"It's true," Alex also put in. "I thought you'd just mooch off your mum as much as you could."

Luke pouted his lip at us. "It's not even an actual job, I'm helping fix cars with a friend, geez..." He sighed. "Plus, I need to find a way to save up for that guitar some how. Because I'm so getting it."

Alex frowned, nodding his head in approval. "I didn't think you'd actually go through with it."

"Dude, that's sweet," Zac finally added in. "That guitar and you are like soul mates; meant to be."

Luke smiled, lifting his hands up and leaning back in his chair. "What can I say?" He let out a chuckle.

I shifted in my seat, pushing my chair out but Luke caught my wrist. "Where you going?" he asked. As much as I did like Luke's protectiveness over me sometimes, but other times it came across as him being overly possessive and that was a trait that worried me.

"Just going to the bathroom," I informed him, forcing a smile and trying to wriggle my wrist out of his hand.

"I'll come with you," he said but I shook my head.

"No, it's fine," I insisted, standing up and walking away from the table. I heard Sam mumble something to Luke, and Luke let out a small frustrated growl. The more I hung out around the boys the more I realized it wasn't just Alex who wasn't used to being defied; it was Luke too. It was just Luke didn't show it to me as much as Alex did, probably because Alex cared less about what I thought.

I walked out of the cafeteria and entered the school hallways, walking towards the nearest bathroom. Despite me pissing off Luke to get into the bathroom, I didn't actually have to go. It was just an excuse for me to get up and walk away because I knew I would have to slowly work on Luke's possessive behavior. It was also weird because we weren't even a couple.

After checking myself thoroughly in the mirror, I walked out of the bathroom and my eyes instantly caught a hold of someone I tried to avoid; Connor. I stopped in my tracks as I noticed he was making a beeline straight for me and I almost considered jumping back into the bathroom, but he advanced on me too quickly for that.

"Hey, can we talk?" he asked and I bit the bottom of my lip. The last time we had a talk Alex had to come and drag me away.

Reluctantly, I nodded my head and he grabbed a hold of my hand and dragged me towards a more secluded hallway that was right beside the bathrooms.

He intertwined our fingers and I couldn't help but shift uncomfortably from that; it felt awkward with him now. "Are you doing okay?" he asked, leaning closer towards me.

I pulled my hand out of his and a look of hurt crossed his face but I attempted to ignore it. He couldn't keep thinking that it was okay to still act like this when we weren't even dating. "What's it to you?" I asked harshly.

He sighed, looking away from a moment before looking back down at me. "Because I'm worried about you hanging out with them; they're not a good crowd. It won't be long-"