Chapter Four

Riley: Maya why did you hang up without saying goodbye.

Riley: You always tell me bye. You always tell me you love me before hanging up.

Riley: I don't know what is wrong, but you better tell me. If you have to come over to the bay window that is perfectly okay.

Riley: Listen Maya, stop ignoring me. If you are hurting I need to help you.

Riley: I can see that you are reading the messages please answer.

Maya: Riley. I'm fine.

Riley: No you aren't. You aren't acting like Maya now tell me what's wrong right now or I will be at your house in ten minutes.

Maya: I just have a lot of stuff on my mind right now. School, art ideas, other things.

Riley: Maya I'm not stupid. I know when you are being yourself. Since when did you start caring about school?

Maya: Since my grades started dropping, that's when.

Riley: Okay fine. Don't tell me. But when you are ready, I want to be the first person you tell.

Unlikely.

What would I even say if I was being honest? Oh it's you Riley. You have the guy I like. No. That would be extremely stupid.

Zay: Hey Maya.

Maya: Hey...

Zay: What do you not want to talk to me.

Maya: Sorry it still feels weird.

Zay: I get it. But would it be weird to hang out?

Maya: Maybe. But what do you have in mind?

Zay: A movie?

Maya: What movie?

Zay: The Shattered Sunset movie maybe?

Shattered Sunset! Does he know that's my favorite? Did someone tell him?

Maya: Wait. Shattered Sunset 2?

Zay: Yeah.

Maya: I have been wanting to see that. How did you know?

Zay: Well one day I heard Lucas ask you what your favorite movie was, and you said Shattered Sunset so I figured you would want to see the sequel.

Well. He is quite the observant one isn't he.