Chapter 26 - A Brand New Day

With the sunlight beaming down on my face, I gradually wake up with a warm, satisfying smile on my face.  Despite the fact Rainbow Dash and I slept very late last night as well as how exhausting our late-night "activities" were, I feel as refreshed as ever, like I just had the best sleep of my life.  After a good stretch of my fore legs, I look around my surroundings.  Beyond the foot of the bed are most of our Gala clothes scattered across the floor.  Heh, Rarity wouldn't like that if she knew we weren't taking good care of the clothes she made for us.  On my right, is the framed picture I've made for Rainbow for her birthday last week sitting on a dresser drawer.  I'm quite surprised she didn't break it in frustration after all the heartache I put her through last night.  Maybe I did hold a special place in her heart even before I finally confessed my feelings for her.

And to my left, I see my new marefriend, who's soundly asleep as she bears a blissful, dreamy smile on her face.  I'm so thankful that this wasn't all just some cruel dream to me!  I'm about to rest my eyes a bit longer so I can snuggle some more with the girl of my dreams, but then, I get a marvelous idea to myself as I figure I should take this opportunity to pull off a romantic cliché I always want to try: breakfast in bed!

Excitedly, I'm about to spring out of bed so I can get started on our special meal together, but suddenly, I feel a strong pull on my left fore hoof.  Turning my head, I see an agitated Rainbow gripping my hoof while she's still sleeping.

"Mmm... don't go." she mumbles troublingly through her sleep.  "Stay with me."  I smile lovingly at her continuous affection for me, so I lean forward, gently brush a little of her mane out of the way, and kiss her softly right on her forehead.

"Don't worry, Rainbow." I cooingly whisper to her.  "I'm not going anywhere.  I promise."

With my sweet words reaching her subconscious, she shows a relaxing, pleasant smile once more as her vice grip finally lets me go for the moment.  With her back into her peaceful sleep, I swiftly and quietly fly out of her room to prepare our breakfast.

In the kitchen, I scurry around on what I can use to make around here as part of our breakfast this morning.  I look through the cupboards, the pantry, and the refrigerator to verify my resources until at last I come up with a plan.  Not sure as to figure out what's her favorite breakfast item, I decide to go with the basics: scrambled eggs, toast with jelly and butter set aside, an improvised, mixed fruit salad, a couple glasses of orange juice, and my personal favorite, blueberry pancakes (I hope she likes them too) with a small pitcher of maple syrup.  And thankfully, my cooking skills haven't gone rusty thanks to Granny Smith for letting me help out in the kitchen every now and then.  After half-an-hour of cooking, my bountiful banquet is all set on a large carrying tray as I giddily flutter back to her room to awake my sleeping beauty.

Once I'm back inside the bedroom, I sigh happily to myself as I see that Rainbow Dash is still resting soundly in her bed.  I've made it just in time to wake her.  Setting the tray on the nightstand momentarily, I crawl on top of her like a graceful cat walking by himself before waking her up with a morning kiss on the lips.  I am about to part away considering that I figure that would be enough to awake her by now, but then, I feel her forelegs tugging around my neck as I'm pulled back in for a longer making-out session.  I moan slightly in bliss at her return of affection as we finally part lips to gaze lovingly into each other's eyes.

"Good morning, angel." I greet to her tenderly.

"Morning, Mustang." she responds sweetly with a soft giggle for the nickname I've given to her.

"I hope you didn't mind, but I've made some breakfast for you."

"D'aww, that's really sweet of you!" she comments affectionately on my sweet gesture.  "You didn't have to do that for me, Ford."