Fair fun

Ari

"Hurry the fuck up!" Michael yelled at me as I picked up my jacket.

I laughed and ran down the steps tripping and falling onto someone who caught me. I looked up to thank them before the scent I will always remember hit me.

"T-thanks." I stuttered as I stood up brushing the hair from my face.

He smiled then walked over to Jessie. I guess I've lost every hope of getting with the man I love.

"Let's gooooo!" Mike yelled running out to the mini bus.

//

We arrived at the fair and I saw the lights immediately before hearing the music. I smiled and jumped out the car running to Gina and jumping on her back.

"Me and you girl!" Gina giggled as she held my legs.

I laughed as I got down before being picked up by Calum. He ran around making me laugh and scream before placing me down. I looked up and saw I was by Jessie and Ashton. I smiled awkwardly and then looked next to me and saw Gina and mike laughing.

"Well, cal always was a joker." Jessie mumbled kindly.

I nodded, "yeah, yeah he was."

Then I walked in front with Luke and Cassie. "So, let's see what the guys back out of today."

"I'll have you know 'us guys' are very manly. We will ride on anything."
Luke spoke confidently.

"And in anything." I mumbled.

Cassie burst out laughing as did Luke which made Mikey and Gina look at them weirdly and then Jessie and Ashton appeared and stared at them.

"Let's just get on a ride." I laughed dragging Cassie away from them all in excitement.

//

I was watching as the gang rode rides, I started to feel sick so I watched the bags as they carried on. I was currently sat on a wall drinking my Diet Coke and watching videos.

"What's a girl like you doing on her own?" 

I looked up and smiled at the boy who stood above me. He had mousy hair and it was quiffed. His eyes were green and his figure looked good.

"Yeah, I felt a bit sick so I ducked out on this one." I smiled and pointed to where my friends were.

He looked at where my finger pointed then turned to look at me. "I'm Devin."

"I'm Ari." I smiled and he shook my hand.

"So," he looked out into the distance. "Wanna go on a ride?"

I looked at the gang coming off. Ashton was staring at me and I didn't know what to do.

"I-I uh-" I kept looking between him and Devin unsure of if I went on a ride what it would mean. "Yeah, uh sure."

Then mike came over. "Who's this?" He wrapped an arm round my shoulder.

Devin looked between us confused. "Devin, Devin this is Michael my older brother." I explained.

"I'm taking her on extreme claw. Any of you wanna come?" Devin asked.

That's when Cassie and Luke ran to the rides queue. Mike, cal, Gina and Jessie said no with one glance.

"Yeah, I'm up for it." Ashton nodded walking over to us both.

I glared at him and he just smiled as if he did nothing wrong. Ashton came with me and Devin as we queued with Luke and cass.

"Oh," Devin coughed and then looked down quickly.

I looked to where his gaze was and there stood a man with another man holding hands.

"Who's that?" Ashton asked following my gaze.

"Well, he's my, he's my ex boyfriend." Devin mumbled his cheeks flaring red.

Ashton smiled widely. "You're gay?"

"Yeah, I just saw you sitting alone Ari and I hate seeing people alone. I hope you didn't think anything else of it." Devin mumbled.

I smiled and hugged him, "I didn't. I'm kind of still stuck on a boy I wish I wasn't." I glanced at Ashton who looked at me shocked.

Devin nodded, "tell me about it! That guy over there, his names Andy. He cheated on me five times and I still love him. I spent everything I had on that relationship and now he's sharing it with someone else."

"I know the feeling." I nodded.

"Next!" A man yelled as Luke and Cassie ran to a chair and took there seat.

"I'll sit with Cassie and Luke, you two need to sort shit out I can see it." Devin smiled walking to the others.

I went to say no but it was too late. I looked at Ashton and he just walked away to his seat. I huffed walking next to him and jumping in my seat.

"Meeting random guys to get back at me now?" Ashton asked in a serious tone.

I laughed, "if I did it wouldn't be for the benefit of you." I laughed.

"Oh come on, he's gay! Give it up. You wanted me to react this way!" He yelled now looking at me properly for the first time in forever.

I took a deep breath, "why did you react that way then!? To mess with me!?"

"No of course not it's because I-" he cut himself off and looked out to the gang. Michael was waving and Jessie was squished between Calum and Gina.

I looked at him waiting but he just wouldn't finish it. "Tell me!?" I demanded one last time.

"Because I fucking love you!" He yelled out of anger.

His face went softer and my heart race quickened. I'm in love with him, and he's in love with me. Why does it still feel wrong?

The seat belts came down and the ride began swinging. In that time I saw people having fun, but me? I was still in shock not paying any attention to what was happening around me.

Why did it happen like that? And why did I want more to happen? This night was meant to be fun, a let loose night and now I'm back to where I started when I came.

I'm crazy for Ashton and he's crazy for me. But something still doesn't feel right.

... Jessie ...